08

song of the chapter-
In Your Eyes by: Onew (Shinee)

I paced back and forth in the living room, and frequently checked the time on my phone for his arrival.

After a few minutes, I sat back down on the couch as I was feeling anxious.

It took me some days to plan this out and I couldn't help but wonder how his reaction would be like when he sees it.

While I sat there and rehearsed my lines over and over in my head, the sound of the door unlocking echoed throughout the apartment and I turned my head to the front door.

"Honey! I'm home!"

He said loudly as he closed the door behind him and walked though the hallway to the kitchen where he placed some bags down on the counter.

I stood up from where I was, and walked towards him.

"Hi honey," I say to him with a welcoming smile.

"I brought you some mangos since you said you were craving them," He says with a satisfied look on his face and walked towards me.

"Thank you...how was work today?" I asked him as I gave a soft smile.

"It was good. We were working on our new track that's coming out in a couple of months," He says as he leaned down and kissed me on the cheek. "How about you? How was your day?"

I bit my bottom lip as nervousness kicked in, and I had trouble finding an answer for his question.

"U-um I went around doing some errands in the morning and I visited Jinah and we went out for lunch."

"That's nice... how is she?" He asks.

"She's doing fine... but she's going to busy again since she's going to be sponsored in a commercial for a new skincare line!" I say.

"Well I'm glad for her. If you get in contact with her again, tell her I said hello." He says to me.

There was some silence that hung in the air, and I could feel my heart beating in my ears.

I then cleared my throat. "You should go change out of your clothes. I made you some dinner."

"Alright. I'll be back." He says with a wink as he began to walk to the bedroom and closed the door behind him as he did.

I sighed as I felt the pressure off me, and walked into the kitchen as I began to place his dinner out on the counter.

I then took out the special mug and made him his favorite drink which was hot chocolate, and decorated it with cool whip on top.

After that I took the mangos out and washed them clean.

In the same time, Taehyung came out wearing grey sweatpants and a black t-shirt.

When I looked up and saw him, I smirked a little as a hint of a blush form on my cheeks.

It was one of my all time favorite looks of him, him in those grey sweatpants.

He pulled out a stool and sat down in front of the meal that I prepared for him.

"You ate already?" He asked me, and I nodded as I dug the knife in the mango and cut lines in it vertically and horizontally and pushed it up from the bottom, where little cubes popped up.

"Yeah about an hour ago." I say as I began to eat the mango.

"I thought you would wait to eat dinner with me..." He pouted.

"I got really hungry... I'm sorry," I say with a shrug. "but hey, I'm eating with you right now though." I raised the mango up in my hands.

While he ate, he told me some updates on how he got offered to be in another drama, which I was glad to hear that he was getting more recognition.

"What do you think?" He asked me as he drank the hot cocoa, and I glanced several times at the mug in his hand.

"Well... in whatever decision you make, just know that I'll always be behind you to support you," I just say to him. "and don't forget about your fans too... they'll support you no matter what!"

He chucked at my enthusiasm and I smiled back at him as he drank the rest of the hot cocoa.. and in that same moment, I held my breath as I watched his facial composure.

He was about to place the empty mug back onto the counter, but something stopped him, and he looked back down inside the mug.

His lips began to twitch up in a smile, and he looked up at me, and back down again at the mug.

"Wait..." He said, almost in disbelief as he started to chuckle. "wait, what?"

"What's that?" I asked him, even though I knew what was inside the bottom of the mug but I was putting on my best acting skills for this moment.

"You... You're..."

He couldn't finish his sentence as he cupped his hand over his mouth as he stared down at the mug.

There was an overwhelming feeling of many emotions while I watched his reaction and I came around the kitchen counter and stood in front of him.

I ran my hand though his hair, before cupping his face in my hands and he looked up at me, and I saw that they were glassy with near tears.

I smiled down at him mirroring his emotions as I said the words that had ever since changed our lives.

"You're right Tae, I'm pregnant... I'm finally pregnant."

After I'd said the words, he looked up at me with pure love in his eyes, and I could say it was one of those  moments where I'll remember for the rest of my life... and we shared the happy news in a blissful kiss.

How was this chapter for you??

Tell me your ideal idea to surprise your future husband with your pregnancy announcement! 😉

Please Vomment! (Vote/Comment)