20

song of the chapter- Sorry by: Park Boram

"What?"  Sumin gasped.

"I'm not going." I repeated again, and she sighed though the phone. 

"Why not? You always go to the annual Christmas party every year though!" Sumin says, not figuring out why I said that I wasn't going. 

"Did something happen between something happen between you and Taehyung?" She asked me next. 

"No," I say, and held the phone away as I felt a lump form in the back of my throat, and I took a deep breath and placed the phone back to my ear. "No... nothing happened." 

"Then why are you suddenly not going?" She asked me again, and I began to feel pressured. 

"I don't think I could handle the media." I lied, and she sighed deeply. 

"Sujin," She just says my name. "I know you're lying to me. For the past year, you are doing extremely well with public affairs. You also have a good reputation too." 

"I don't know," I just say as shook my head. "I just don't know anymore." 

"I don't know how badly you guys fought, but I heard that Taehyung has been staying with Jungkook for the past few days. It must be extremely bad." 

She took a deep breath. "This is what sucks about having to be in the spotlight of the media's attention. If you don't attend that Christmas party with him, people are going to say something, and you know how bad gossip gets when it's around a celebrities wife."

"Can't I just say that I'm really sick?" I asked her.

"I'm sorry, but you can't do that either. Otherwise the paparazzi would be curious and follow you around if you go out in the public again." 

"So I have no choice but to go to this Christmas party with him?" 

"Yes... in all honestly, you have too. This may sound hash and everything and I'm sorry I have to break it to you... forget everything that happened between you and Taehyung that night, and just go along with everything. Make yourself look happy and smile for the cameras at the red carpet. Pretend that you are a happy couple... just for the media's sake." 

"This sucks." I say, shaking my head as I rested my head on my hand. 

"I know it does... I've experienced it before. Jin and I had a huge argument one time, and I didn't want to attend a charity event with him the next day, but I forced myself too. If there is one nasty rumor about you... it will last you a whole lifetime to fix that problem." 

"I'm sorry you've been though that Sumin," I say, feeling bad for her.