12

song of the chapter- However Love by: Im Sejun

"Which do you like better? The pink or the yellow on the design?" Ara, who was my assistant, asked me while I was in the process of looking at the sketches I'd done for the project. 

I turned and looked down at the iPad she was holding, scrolling between two fabrics that were displayed on the screen. "I think I like the pink better... the yellow is darker than expected." 

"Alright! Thanks!" She says as she began walking away, and I turned back to my work. 

"Ah, Sujin..." 

"Yes?" I say as I turned around and saw her standing there looking back at me with a subtle smile on her lips. 

"Um, I just wanted to say thank you... for being back with us again." She just says, and I just smiled back at her. 

"And thank you for letting me be here again." I say back to her and she smiled even bigger. 

I was a fashion designer for urban wear and sometimes formal wear. I majored in fashion design when I was fresh out of high school. Though it seemed I was going nowhere with my studies, I continued to work hard, never considering to drop out in the four years of college. 

Hard work really did pay off for me, and I found myself being accepted into a really popular fashion brand, where I've continued to work for a long time. 

And it was the same work that lead me to meet Taehyung. 

Speaking of which... I forgot to give him a call today. I reached inside my pocket and grabbed my phone, to check to see if he sent me any messages this morning. 

There were none. 

He must be working really hard on his drama... I thought, and sighed.

When we first got married, he didn't want me to continue my work for a bit, since he had an idealistic view of me becoming a full time house wife, and he would be the only one supporting us. 

Of course I disagreed, but after many times of his persuasion, I finally decided that I would be only for the first year of our marriage.

But when I saw how busy he was with work, and how late he'd come home sometimes, I started to change my mind, and told him that if he was working hard, I wanted to work hard to instead of sitting around in boredom at home all the time. 

So it was during the time before he'd flown to Vietnam for his drama when he'd agree with my decision... that way, we'd be equally working hard for our own careers.

The phone began to dial as I put it against my ear, waiting for him to pick up. 

After five rings, he picked up. 

"Hey honey, how's the drama-" I say, before I got cut off by him.