23

song of the chapter- Can You Hear My Heart by: Lee Hi

I sat at my desk, looking at the sketches that I drew before I would send them to the head designer when my phone started to ring. 

I looked at the screen, and saw that Taehyung was calling me. 

I sighed, and looked around the room before I picked up the phone. 

"What do you want-" 

"Meet me downstairs... in the lobby. I wanted to tell you something."

And with that, he hung up on me.

I ran my fingers though my hair as I took a deep breath. 

Whatever that he wants to tell me... it better be important.

I told my boss that I'll be taking a short break for a moment, but she waved me off. 

"No... just take the rest of the day off." 

"What?" I just say and she laughed. 

"I just got a call from the front desk and they said that your husband wanted to spend the day with you... so you can take the whole day off." 

"T-thank you." I say with a bow... as I felt shocked and confused and walked out of her office.

I took the elevator down to the lobby of the building... and while I waited I was checking my emails on my phone when the elevator doors opened. 

I looked up, and saw him standing there... dressed in a beige colored long coat as he wore a black turtleneck sweater underneath and black pants and shoes.

He also changed up his hair color since the last time I've seen him... and it was now a grayish white color. It suited him... it suited him a little bit too well.

It looked like he was in a hurry, as when he saw me come out of the elevator he began to walk towards me. He wore no expression until when he stopped just in front of me. 

"Hi... Sujin." He says with a small smile, and he grabbed my hand in his. "come with me." 

I had no choice but to follow wherever he was taking me.

When we passed some people, they began to take their phones out and take pictures of him and followed after us. 

"Kim Taehyung!" They called his name, as they started to fangirl.

"You look so handsome!" 

He turned back and smiled and waved at them, earning more screams before he and I left the building and walked outside. 

His car was parked outside, and he opened the door and waited til I got inside before he walked to the other side and started the car up, and started to drive.

Sitting in the car with him, I couldn't help but look at him as he drove.

He noticed me staring, and he turned and looked at me and smiled before he turned and looked back at the road. "Do you like my new hair color?" 

"It's okay." I just say, and turned my head and looked out the window.

"Huh... I thought it looked good." He mumbled as he clicked his tongue. 

"What's so important that you wanted to tell me? I can't believe that you persuaded my boss so that I could take the whole day off of work for this."