11

song of the chapter- Beautiful Sad by: Angel Eyes OST

Late at night, I would often have horrible nightmares that forced me to wake up and cry.

I would put a protective hand over my belly in sudden relief that it was only just a dream, but when I realized the heartbeat wasn't there anymore, that was when I cried even more.

Taehyung was there for me when I started to cry in the middle of the night. 

He would whisper words of comfort into my ears, or sing a warm lullaby until I would stop crying, and fall asleep in his arms that were holding me.

But that wasn't enough to stop the nightmares from coming.

 If even worse, the nightmares became more frequent, and Taehyung's wasn't coming home as often as he could... because of his acting project, plus his already busy schedule.

I woke again, with tears running down my face. 

"Taehyung..." I whispered his name. "Taehyung-ah..." 

I reached my hand to grab hold of his shirt, and to pull myself closer so that he would hold me in his arms to comfort me... but all I could grab was the cold covers. 

I opened my eyes, to see that he was long gone from my side. 

I look at the clock, and saw that it was four in the morning, and remembered that he had an early meeting to attend to at the Bighit building with the rest of the band members.

I was no longer tired, and I sat up and stayed there for another couple minutes before I forced myself to get out of bed, and walked to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

I made coffee, and stood near the kitchen counter, looking though the bills.

I needed to get a pen so that I could write on the ones that were already paid and the ones pending, so I went to the bedroom.

Setting my coffee down on the table, I began to look though the desk to find a pen anywhere, and lifted a journal, and accidentally tipped over my coffee in the process. 

Due to my quick reflexes, a little only spilled out, and I ran to get some paper towels to clean up the desk, careful not to step all over the journal's spilled contents.

When I got back, I cleaned the area before I picked up the journal that I'd dropped on the ground and began picking up the papers and little note cards and placed it inside the journal. 

I picked up one card, and as I was placing it back inside the journal, I slowly turned it over and my breathing hitched in my throat.

In between my fingers, was the first ultrasound picture of my baby when I was six weeks pregnant. 

Biting my lower lip, I tried to keep from crying but it was no use as the crystal clear memories started to recite in my mind, like it only happened yesterday.

"My baby," I sobbed, holding the picture close to my body as if I were holding my baby in my arms.

Taehyung came home early, only to find me sitting on the floor, looking though the journal that he had kept from me, of his records of my pregnancy. 

"Hey," He said as he walked into the bedroom. "I just got home  from the set and they told me- are you feeling okay...?" 

He trailed off, as he walked towards me, and saw that I was holding the journal in my lap.

I stopped at page number sixteen, since it was blank... and will be forever blank. It marked my sixteenth week, the week we were suppose to find out if our baby was a girl or boy.