18

song of the chapter- If You by: Big Bang 

 When I came home that night, all I wanted to do was get in bed and escape from reality... but instead, I had a visitor waiting there.

"Mom?" I say as I walked into the living room, and saw not my mom, but Taehyung's mom sitting there on the couch. 

She got up from the couch and walked towards me and greeted me with a hug. 

"Hi Sujin," She says as she looked at me with a warm smile.

"What are you doing here?" I say, trying to not sound so rude since I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone right now. 

"I came here to prepare some dinner for you two, since I figured I haven't visited as often." She says, as she took my hand in hers. 

"Where's Taehyung?"

I bit my lip, and took a deep breath.

"He's still at work." I lied. 

"Did you just get home too? If so, you can eat the food that I just made." She says, as she walked into the kitchen where I saw she was still cooking some more dishes. 

"Thank you, mom, but... you didn't have to do all of this for us." I say, but she told me to sit down and I did. 

"It's just my treat." She says, as she brought soup over to the table and sat down with me. 

"Did you eat yet?" 

"No, I already did. I ate before I came here." She says with a wave of her hand. "you should eat."

I was pretty hungry, and I was glad that she made food... especially some soup.

"How have you been feeling?" She asked me while I was eating. 

"I'm okay." I just say, but she didn't seem to agree right away. 

"Why are your eyes red?" She asked me, and I pretended to rub my eyes. 

"Oh, they were just really dry. I forgot to bring my eye drops to work-"

"See? I told you, you have to take care of your health. You have to carry eye-drops with you at all times since your eyes need a lot of moisture-"

"I understand." I cut her off, and she sighed. 

"You look like you got more skinny since the last time I've seen you. Are you eating well? Is your stomach doing okay?" She asked me questions. 

"I'm okay." I just say again, and she shook her head. 

"I feel like you're not telling me the truth-"

"I am telling you the truth."