07

song of the chapter-
Rainbow by Standing Egg

As soon as I stepped inside the store, the aromic fragrence of fresh flowers wavered in the air as I breathed in, and I closed my eyes.

The smell made me feel nostalgic as I couldn't help but recall the old days of my childhood spent here.

"Hello, welcome to Happy Petals, how can I help you-... Unni?"

I stopped just in front of the counter as I smiled back at her. "Hey you, how is my little dongsaeng doing?"

"Unni! You're back!" She yelled happily as she ran around the counter and hugged me tightly.

"I've missed you so much!"

"I've missed you too..." I say as I hugged her back before I pulled away first and cupped her cheeks in my hands. "have you been eating well lately? You look a bit-"

"Unni! I'm nineteen you know! Stop treating me like I'm eight still!" She frowned at me, and I chuckled.

"Awe look at you, you're an adult now... I didn't even noticed." I teased her, and she gave me a look.

"Stop that." She says and I just stuck my tounge out at her as I made a silly face, which made her start to smile and I laughed.

"So where's mom and dad? Are they not at the shop?" I asked her as I rested my elbow on the counter.

"Oh, they're at home right now. I guess it's my responibilty to take care of the shop, now that I'm an adult." She said rather forcefully.

I snorted. "That's good to hear. I remember you used to always laze around at home and eating and reblogging were your only hobbies."

"Hm... true," She said shamelessly with a shrug. "Still am though."

I gasped and she laughed at me.

"So what are you doing here? Did you suddenly feel the need to take me out for a drink-"

"Ha, you wish." I say to her with a smirk. "No, actually I came here to give you a gift that Taehyung wanted to give you when he went to France three weeks ago."

"Oh what really?!" She said excitedly as I pulled out a simple small baby pink colored box.

"Here you go." I say as I handed it to her. "I have to go see mom and dad to deliver their gifts too."

While I spoke, she hurriedly opened the small box, revealing a silver necklace with a pink-gold colored rose charm in the middle.

"Wow... it's so pretty! I love it already! Tell him thank you!"

I began to walk away from her, and looked around the store as I wore a confident smile on my face.

"Oh... well he just gave it to me to give it to you." I just say.

"What? What do you mean?" She says, and I chuckled to myself.

"What I mean is... you should thank Jungkook for buying it for you." I say matter-of-factly.

There was a moment is silence before there was a loud inhuman screeching noise that came from inside her voicebox.

"Oh my god, oh my god! Are you serious?! No way!" She yelled and I chucked to myself at her reaction.

"Taehyung said that they had a little shopping break somewhere in Paris when Jungkook began eyeing that necklace and asked Taehyung if it was pretty or not..." I trailed off as I walked down the next row of flowers.

"Anyways he agreed that it was pretty, and Jungkook bought it in the end. The members didn't know why he bought it until he gave it to Taehyung to tell him to give it to you, to encourage you for your studies."

"Awe really? That's really sweet of him! When I see him again one day, I have to personally thank him."

She says as she took a deep breath.

"What about you? What did Taehyung get you?"

I didn't answer her question right away as in that moment I began to smell a funny smell among the flowers and began to search where it came from.

"Hey, Yeeun... did you forget to switch out some flowers here?" I asked as I continued to sniff it out.

It smelled of something rotten, and almost repulsive enough to make me feel a bit light headed and nauseated at the same time.

"Yeah, I changed it out just this morning... why? Does something smell bad?" She says worriedly as she came to where I was.

By now, I was pinching my nose as the smell was overwhelming but I still didn't figure out where the smell was.

"I don't smell anything rotten... are you sure?" She asked me unsurely.

"I don't know... maybe my nose is overly sensitive or something..." I say as she began to take some flowers off the shelf to smell them individually when she held up one particular flower where I began to recognized the same rotten smell.

"Its that one! The one you're holding!" I say as I pinched my nose and nearly gagged at the smell.

"This? This doesn't have a rotten smell... It's still fresh." She says as she looked at me worriedly.

"Unni... you don't look so well. Are feeling you alright?" She asked me.

"I don't know... I feel weird all of a sudden. The smell is making me feel nauseated and light headed. What's the name of the flower you're holding?"

I asked her and nearly gagged again as I placed my hand over my mouth.

Yeeun looked at me with a surprised expression on her face.

"What's the name?" I asked her again, and this time she answered.

"...baby's breath."  She whispered, and looked at me with an equally shocked expression as I was.

What could that only mean??? 😮

Early update this week! Yay!

Thank you for the previous votes and comments guys!

I enjoy reading your comments, so don't be shy to comment down below! 😊

Vomment!