Saying Goodbye

"Alright now lets see who is the last person I need to see??" A blonde said looking at a folder while walking down a very busy street. " I need to get this done and then onto the next town." She said putting the folder away and walking into a candy store.

"Hello Miss, how can I help you?" I teenager with long brown hair said. "Well, I would like to talk to..." The blonde looked down at her paper, "Miss. Swiss." She said looking back up. "Oh of course I'll go get her." 

And with that the blonde was left alone for a good five minutes. She began to look around at the arrangement of candies. Some looked home made, while others looked like plain old candy that was sold everywhere. 

A second later a women. with gray hair put up into a bun and wearing a yellow dress came out. "Hello dear what do you need? I'm Miss. Swiss" She said reaching out her hand for the blonde to shake. "Hello Miss. Swiss I'm Nora. I was wondering if I could talk to you about a certain man you saw a few months ago it would be very helpful." She replied shaking the old woman's hand.

"Why of course come with me to my office and we'll talk. Eliza please watch the shop." The woman said to the teenager. "Now lets go." The old woman said leading the blonde to a room in the back. "Please seat." The old woman said pointing to a plush chair. 

The blonde sat. "Now what questions do you have?" The woman asked. "Well you see Miss. Swiss A few months ago you said you saw a man that had the face of evil." The blonde said taking out a piece of paper for notes.

"Ahh, yes I remember him. Tall with silver hair. He looked like he was searching for someone. He also had blue markings. When he passed my shop I saw him talk to another man pointing him in the direction of the library. But that's all." The woman said.

The blonde nodded her head. "Well, thank you Miss. Swiss if you see him again please send word to this address." She said handing the woman a piece of paper. "Will do dear, have a nice day!" The woman called as the blonde walked out.

The blonde walked down the street, seeing the same notes over and over again. "And all of them seem to be on the same day. As well as many books are missing. I wonder.." She said walking into a hotel. As she walked into her room a little girl gave her a big hug.

"Mommy!!!" The child cheered. "Why hello Nori id you have fun today?" The blonde asked. Nori nodded her head. "Hello Lucy, find out anything else?" A girl with raven black hair asked walking up to the two.

Lucy shook her head. "Nope, just the same as the others. But, now we go to the next town. But I have a feeling that it will be the same. I need to know what book their looking for." Lucy said sitting down in a chair. 

"Try not to think about it too much, Mommy. We'll figure it out." Nori said hugging her mother. Lucy smiled at her daughter. "Yeah you're right, but this mean's Nori you have to go back to Grandpa or with Grandmama." Lucy said sadly.

"What why?! I want to be with you." Nori wined. Lucy sighed. "Nori where I'm going is very dangerous. I don't want you getting hurt I've had fun with you this month. But, now it's time to say goodbye. I know you're sad. I am too, but this is to keep you safe." Lucy said hugging the now crying girl.

"But, where you're going is safe. Okay? I'll visit you soon. kay?" Lucy said wiping away her daughter's tears. "Okay Mommy.." Nori said hugging her mother once more. Lucy hugged back. "Now Yuko will take you okay? I love my dear don't forget that." Lucy said kissing Nori on the forehead.

Nori nodded. Yuko walked up to Nori and grabbed hold of her hand. They began to fade away when a bright light surrounded them. "Goodbye." They said and then they were gone. Lucy fell to the floor crying. 

She knew that it was for the best, but that didn't stop her from missing her only child.