Closed Eyes

The Art above belongs to me, you can find it on my Tumblr account @/Aiocho

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Static could be heard all around as dust and magic cleared. Slowly mages came out of their hiding places. They looked towards the direction of the magic blast. Seeing Natsu kneeling there looking around as though he had woken up from a dream. He looked around at his friends, injured and hurt. His chest hurt knowing it was his fault. Looking past them he saw the enemy as still as statues. Natsu then looked to his right seeing the demon, that looked like Lucy, dead.

He then turned his attention to the center of the crater he was in front of. At the bottom of the crater stood Lucy, the magic circle's symbols engraved on the ground. The blonde's head bent down but her hands in the same position as before. As he looked closer he saw that she looked paler than before. Almost as if her life force was sucked out of her.

Looking closer he could see that her arms and legs were cracking. Almost as if she was made of glass. Their friends had started to come on the outer edges of the crater to see their friend. As they looked at her she raised her head. Everyone gasped at the sight before them.

Lucy's face was cracked. Little pieces were falling off as she looked at them. And her eyes, her once bright honey colored, now looked dead. Yet there she was smiling. Tears beginning to stream down her face.

'I did it, I saved them', she thought, looking at her family. "Thank goodness," She said out loud as she began to fall down. "Lucy!" Natsu yelled getting up from where he was, running down the side of the crater to his mate. Just as she was about to hit the ground he caught her. Natsu kneeled down so that his mate laid across his lap. Lucy smiled up at her mate. "I did it Natsu, I saved you all. He'll never bother us again," She said crying tears of joy.

He placed a hand on her cheek, whipping her tears away. He smiled down at his mate, happy to have her back in his arms. "Now we can go home together," He said holding her closer. Lucy frowned. This was one thing she hated. She didn't want to tell him. But, she had to.

"Natsu, I'm sorry but I'm not going home with you," Lucy said her voice cracking. Natsu pulled away but not by much, so he could look into her eyes. "What do you mean? Of course, you're coming home with me, with everyone," He said as tears began to form in the corner of his eyes.

The blonde shook her head. With a shaky voice, she spoke, "Natsu I am dying. My magic energy has run out," She said as she placed a hand on his cheek. He held her hand in his own, not wanting to believe what she was saying. "No Lucy you are going to live! And we will go home and get married, and have Nori! And then we'll grow old together and have a wonderful life!" Natsu sobbed. His heart was breaking as he looked at his love. Everyone at the edge of the crater began to cry after what they heard. They too did not want to believe what they were being told.

"I wish I could have that life with you Natsu, I wish I could," She spoke her voice almost a whisper. Natsu's tears onto her face as it began to crack even more. "But, do not worry Natsu, Nori will still be with you," This made the dragon slayer look at his mate in shock.

"How? If you are dying how can she live?" His voice cracked. She smiled as she placed her free hand on her tummy. "Because I am giving the remaining magic and life force I have to her," She said tears streaming down her face. "No Lucy-"

"It is not enough. The magic power is not enough to save me. But it's enough for her," The blonde's voice shook, her breathing becoming shallow. "No, no Lucy come on..Please, you have to stay, please. I love you;...." He said as her eyes became a gray color. "It's okay Natsu, I've had a great life already. I got to meet everyone in fairy tail. I got to meet Nori. I got to meet you," The blonde said her voice shaking,

"I love you Natsu," She said as her eyes closed, her breathing stopped. "No no Lucy, come on wake up...." Natsu said his voice shaking. He placed a hand on her cheek wiping away her remaining tears. "No no, please... Please! Please wake up!" He cried as he began to shake with fear. "Lucy! Please! Please wake up!" He sobbed louder.

He held her close to his chest, crying like there was no tomorrow. "Please!" He cried. Those around them looked away, not wanting to look at the scene before them. Erza looked down at her friends, knowing one would never be able to open their eyes again.

Levy cried into Gajeel's chest, not wanting to believe her best friend had just died. Wendy held onto Chelia as she cried her little heart out. Chelia doing the same. Juvia fell to her knees. Her heartbreaking. She didn't want to believe her friend had just passed. 

Laxus looked away. He had lost his little sister. The only one he would ever have. He had lost his last family member, and this broke him to the core. Big bad Laxus was broken. As the sobs carried on, Lucy began to glow, as she started to disappear. "No please stay," Natsu cried holding onto her tighter. If that was even possible. Everyone looked at the scene before them.

As Lucy disappeared, the magic particles began to form together above the dragon slayer. The magic ball floated above Natsu as his love finally disappeared. Once the last of the magical particles left his arms the ball glowed brightly till it let out a magic blast, blowing everyone's hair back.

As people looked what was held inside the ball their eyes widen. There lowering to where Natsu kneeled

Was a child.