A Flame in the Dark

Lucy ran, her lungs burning. She could've used her magic to make herself go faster, but that could just create another problem. It would one drain even more than she already was and two it would give away her position to him.

She knew he must've tracked her by her magical energy and if she used anymore, well there goes her chances of getting to the center without drawing attention to herself. She could just teleport all her friends, but that also created a problem. 

Her magic would be drained even more than just using her magic to make her go faster. She had a limit to how much magic she could use. She needed to conserve it. 

As she ran, she thought back to the conversation she had with her mother, not too long ago....

"What do you mean by my magic?" The blonde asked. "Lucy, because you strained yourself so much when transporting those people, and opening the gate, your magic has been depleted greatly, which means you have only a little left. If you don't use your magic wisely then you won't be able to win," Her mother said looking like she was about to cry.

"How much do I have left?" The blonde asked. "You have only 23% left. You have enough for your plan to defeat Zeref and Acnolgia, but that will only leave you with enough to use your Celestial Spirit Magic," Her mother replied, letting her hands leave her daughter's shoulders.

"So you're saying that I need to use my magic wisely or else we won't be able to win at all," Lucy said looking at her bare feet. Yes, was all her mother said. "What happens when my magic runs out?" Lucy asked, not wanting to hear the answer. But knew she had to know the consequences. 

"You'll die," Lucy looked at her mother in shock. "That is why Summer told you to call upon us in your last moments. We will give you our magic power, so you can save the world," Layla said looking at her daughter

"Then what will happen to all of you?" Lucy asked. "We will no longer be able to be reached from the beyond. We will still be alive in spirit, but will never be able to come back in spirit to the living realm," Layla said, as she put her hand on her daughter's shoulder. This made Lucy look up at her mother. 

"Do not worry, I'll still be in your heart," And with that, Layla began to disappear. "No mom!" Lucy cried out, trying to keep her mother in place by hugging her. "And I know you'll bring him back to us once again.... I love you Lucy...." was the last thing Lucy heard before she was alone in the darkness.

I promise Mom, I won't let that happen. Lucy thought as she ran faster and faster down the tunnel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Opening my eyes I found that I was chained up in a dark cell. "Where the hell am I?" Asking to no one in particular. My head was pounding. I guess when you go against nine demons if really does do some damage.

A few minutes passed till the door to my cell opened. There stood the man I hated most of all. "Zeref," I growled, looking at the man who ruined everything. I didn't give a damn that this was Laxus and Lucy's brother, I just wanted to beat the crap out of him. 

"My, my aren't we feisty," He said as he walked towards me. I growled as he now stood only a yard away from. "What the hell do you want! And where are my friends!" I barked, trying to run towards him, only to be pulled back by the chains. 

"They're safe, for now, that it is," He said smiling. I growled at him some more, "Though that won't matter when you've killed them off!" He laughed. What? Why would I ever kill my friends? "I would never do that!" I yelled trying to run at him again.

"Oh, trust me, in just 48 hours, you'll have killed everyone you care for," He said smiling a sick smile, and turning on his heel. "Oh, and don't even try to use magic, those chains block out all magic, so it's useless," He said as he closed the door.

Shit, well there goes my attempt to escape. As I sat on the floor, trying to figure out how to get out, one thought ran through my mind. 'No matter what they do to me, I will protect my family.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I watched from my crystal ball, as the battle raged on. Oh, I wanted to go there and help them so much but knew that'd just be a suicide mission. With no magic, it'd be hard to fight against magic wielders. 

I sighed looking at my double, hoping she could make it through this war. Just then I heard a knock on my door, quickly put away the ball. "Come in!" I yelled as the door opened, my husband walked in with our beautiful child. 

"Hey, Luce what ya up too?" Natsu asked as he walked towards me. Emi ran into my arms, and I set her on my lap. "Oh, nothing just thinking," I say, with a hint of nervousness in my voice. I may be tough and all, but I'm the worst lier in the world, and my mate knew this fact.

"Lucy, what were you really doing?" He asked giving me a sad look. I looked down at Emi, who was playing with a doll. "I was watching the battle, with the crystal ball Lucy gave me. I wanted to see what was happening. I even thought about trying to find a way to go there to help them," I said looking out the window to see the sun beginning to set.

I felt a hand on my own, which made me look into deep oxyn eyes. "I know. I want to help as well, but we'd just get in the way. We have to remember that these guys are strong and have overcome lots of other oppsicals. So there's no doubt they'll get over this one as well," Natsu said smiling with calm eyes.

I closed my eyes. I knew he was right, but even so, I wanted to help. "Lucy, I know you want to help, but you already have. You've helped her keep the people of earthland safe. And that right there is a big help," Natsu said. 

I looked at him and smiled. He always knew how to make me happy. "Thank you Natsu," I said leaning in to kiss him on the lips. "My pleasure my Queen," I rolled my eyes at his words. "Now why don't we go make some tea and cookies?" He asked standing up and offering his hand to me. 

"That is a wonderful idea," And with that, I took his hand, and Emi's. Holding hands, we walked down the corridors to the kitchen, where we proceeded to make cookies and tea.