The Devil Always Knows

So it seems she's taken everyone to Edolas. That's too bad, I was hoping to kill a few before they were gone. Oh, well. They'll be dead soon, once she is out of the picture. I ran my hand over the carved letters on her book.

Such an elegant book, for such a broken and dead girl. How could she be graced with such beauty while his be worn down? I wanted to open the book so bad but knew I must open it only when she is in range or else I can not destroy the world.

I must wait for the opportune moment.

And trust me, I will make sure to get her at her strongest point, and use it against her. To destroy the very thing she loves. And once she is gone. I can create the new world. A world, where everything is in my control.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up to the sun shining in my face. Sitting up I look over to see my mate lying next to me. Sleeping soundly. I brush a little bit of her blonde hair out of the way and kiss her forehead. I looked over to her clock beside her bed and saw that it was nearly noon. I began to try to wake her up since she would most likely want to get to work.

Lucy groaned a little a first when I tried to wake her. "Come on Lucy, you don't want to make Erza mad now do you?" I asked poking her cheek a little. That made her shoot up so fast, I could bearly comprehend it.

I laughed a little at her bed head. Lucy pouted at me, then kissed me on the cheek. Shocking me a little. "Toche," I said as Lucy got out of bed and began stretching. "I'm going to jump into the shower, okay? Then do you want me to make breakfast, or do you want to eat at the guild?" She asked grabbing some clothes from her drawer.

"Cool, and I'll have some of your cooking please if it's not too much trouble," I said getting out of bed and stretching as well. "If it was too much trouble I wouldn't have suggested it silly," she said closing the bath room door.

Well, she has a point.

After about ten minutes, Lucy came out with wet hair and in clean clothes. "Alright what would you like?" She asked looking through her cabinets for ingredients, "Pancakes!" I say, with a watery mouth.

"Alright, sounds good. Now go take a shower and get cleaned. I've left some clean clothes in there for you, and once you're done breakfast will be ready," She said getting everything needed to make pancakes.

"Awesome! Thank you, Lucy," I said giving her a peck on the lips, before heading to the bathroom. I soon was done with my shower and had put on the clean clothes Lucy set out. Soon after getting dressed I smelled the delicious food Lucy was making.

Running out of the bathroom, I saw she had made more than just pancakes. She had fresh orange juice, some yummy looking bread and jam, along with what looked like scrambled eggs. "Whoa, Lucy you didn't have to make this much," I said sitting down at the table.

My mate came over with a large stack of pancakes, and a smile on her face. "Well, we haven't had a large meal in a long time, and I've been wanting to try some new recipes. So here we are," She said sitting down.

"Well, thank you, Lucy. This looks amazing, and I can't wait to eat it!" I said, looking at everything with hungry eyes. "Well, then dig in or else everything will get cold," She said, as she began to put food on her plate.

I did as told, and ate like there was no tomorrow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rest of the day was spent getting everyone in position to attack. We had so much left to do and we didn't even know where they were going to attack first. I was so nervous. If I got too close to the book, then I'd be doomed.

We were just working when I decided that now would be a good time to talk to Natsu, about something very important, "Hey Natsu can I talk to you in private?" I said as I walked up next to my mate.

"Sure Lucy, what's up?" He asked standing up, "Well, it's um...." I was about to speak when I froze in fear. I sensed a large attack heading our way. "Get down!" I yelled as a large magic blast shot through the guild, making a large gap. Everyone was down on the floor, debris covering a few. "They're here!" I yelled, standing up to see large black ships.

My guild mates helped those stuck and looked towards the ships. They attacked sooner than I thought. "Mest! Go to the other teams now! Chances are they've already attacked the others!" I yelled I am so glad I wore my boots today. I can really do some damage now.

"On it!" Mest yelled before he transported himself to who knows where. "Guys, listen we need to be careful on how we proceed! Natsu, Wendy, and Gajeel! Go to the ships and send down attacks from above! Everyone spread out and prepare for another attack! We need to be spread out so it'll be harder to take us out!"

"Ay!" Everyone yelled, doing as they were told. "And make sure to lead them to the center of Fiore!" I yelled. The exceeds and dragon slayers left for the ships while I ran out of the guild with everyone else. Some went to the beach, while others went to the outer edges of the city.

As I ran, I hoped with all my heart that this war would not go down like how I predict it to.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You guys ready!" I yelled, looking back at Wendy and Gajeel. "You bet your ass we are!" Gajeel yelled. "Good cause we need to stall these guys as much as we can!" As we got closer we saw about nine people standing looking up at us.

They had a weird energy coming from them but at the same time. It felt familiar to me. Like I've known it all my life.

"Looks like we're going to have some fun as well!" Gajeel said once he saw the people as well. "Yep, and we're going to make the most of it!" yelled back. Happy then stopped allowing me to make an attack, "Fire Dragon's Roar!!" I yelled sending a large explosion down to the ships below.

"Sky Dragon's Roar!" Wendy yelled, sending an attack as well. "Iron Dragon's Roar!" Gajeel yelled. Our roar's mixed causing such an explosion that it rocked a few of the ships over, and others began to sink. "Some opponent! Their ships are already failing!" Gajeel yelled, laughing at the sight.

Then a spiral of fire came towards us, I tried to eat it but it burned my throat, but not in a good way. "Gaa! What the hell!" I yelled spitting it out and looking down from where it came from. A man with yellow hair and markings on him looked dead at me.

I'm guessing he's the one who sent the attack. The same man sent another attack towards us. "Move!" I yelled. We all moved out of the way just in time. "Guy's this guy's power is different be careful of it!" I shouted back while keeping my eyes on the guy. He kept sending attacks straight at us.

"Got it!" Wendy shouted back.

This is going to be harder than I thought.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I ran I saw fire being shot up in the air along with other large explosions. Looks like they've met Tartaros. I thought. I soon made it the edge of the city, along with Mira, and Levy. We were at the bottom of the hill when we saw a large army coming our way.

"Okay, guys! We have to get past them and have them follow us! Now let's do this!" I yelled. "Yeah!" They yelled back. I activated my magic, particularly my celestial magic and celestial dragon slaying magic.

"I open the gate of the lion, Leo!" I called, bringing forth Loke. "Sup, gorgeous," He said winking. "Not now! I need your help with taking care of these guys!" I said pointing to the soldiers running towards us. "Got it!" He yelled.

Now to transform. A gold magic circle formed under me, changing my clothes into a black dress and heels. My hair was now in a bun. "Woah Lucy, what's that transformation?" Mira asked as we ran towards the enemy, "While I was gone, I was able to activate a power with the celestial spirits. I can use their magic when I wear special outfits that go with their zodiac. Paired with my Celestial Dragon Slaying magic makes me even more lethal!"

Mira grinned, liking that I've become even more of an obstacle for the enemy.