The Eternal Gift

For the moment all was still, and quiet. Time had stopped for just a moment making the world gray. It would not stay like this for long, just long enough so that I could give my final gift. I stood in the middle of the creator, my spirit form standing next to my physical one.

"Mommy!" I looked to see my daughter running down the side of the creator towards me. I kneeled down just as she reached my arms. She sobbed, as she buried her head in my hair. "Mommy! Grandma told me what you're going to do! Please don't do it! Please!" She wept. I stroked her hair as she continued to cry. "Nori, I must do this. You can not live, if I don't do this,"

"But! I want you to live Mommy! I don't want you to die just so I can live!" Her shoulders shook as she clung to me. "Nori, my love, I want you to live. I want you to see the world, and have your own adventures,"

"But, I want you to be there with me," She snifted, "You and Daddy, and the guild. I don't want to live if you aren't there," I pushed her off me just a bit, so I could hold her hands, in mine. "Nori, I will be there. I will watch over you, and see you grow. You just won't see me," I cued. Nori snifted as a tear fell down her cheek. I lifted a hand to whip it way but still held her hands in one. "But, what if I forget you? What if I never remember our time together?"

"Oh, Nori that will never happen. You will remember when you're old enough. They will be memories of another time, but the feelings will still be there," She looked away, "You promise," I smiled. "I promise, my love. When you are old enough, I will return to you. And you will know all once more,"

Tears began to fall down her face in rapid motion, "But, I'll miss you, Mommy," Wrapping my arms around her, Nori cried hard once more, "My love, I will miss you too. But we will not be apart forever,"

After a few minutes, the world was slowly gaining color back, "Nori, it is time for us to part ways," She shook her head, "No... Please...," Placing a kiss on her head I smiled down at her one last time, "I love you, Nori...,"

And then the world came back.