The Demon

We fought Natsu with everything we had. We used every magic technique we knew, but nothing seemed to put a dent on him. "Lucy, why haven't you used the spell yet?!" Gray asked dodging an attack from Natsu.

"Because! It will destroy everything that is evil! Meaning a demon or someone with a dark heart! That means Natsu will be destroyed!" I yelled back moving away from another attack. "Why will it destroy Natsu!" Erza asked, sending swords at Natsu.

"He is the reincarnation of one of the Orginal Demons of the Dark Wizard!" I yelled. Their faces turned to sorrow. Knowing that their best friend was really a demon and that there was a chance of his life ending.

"Then use another attack!" Erza yelled, sending more swords towards out friend. "I can't! I have only 15% of my magic power left! And the spell takes all of it! We have to wait till he's set free!" 

"But, isn't he a demon!?" Wendy asked, coming up next to me. "Yes, but he won't be destroyed if we destroy just the book, which is somewhere inside," I said. "So that means a few us need to go get it," Gray said coming next us.

"Yes," I said moving to dodge another attack. Erza ran over to us along with Mira and Cana. "Then you three go in! We'll distract him," Mira said. We nodded as they set large attacks at Natsu all at once allowing us to get past him.

Once we entered the castle, the gates slammed behind us. We were startled but turned back to look at the passageways. "Do you have any idea of where it could be?" Gray asked looking around. 

I shook my head. After a little thought, I came to one idea. "It might be in the throne room. I'm sure Zeref is there, with it," I said as I began to run down the passage that I figured would lead us to the throne room.

Wendy and Gray followed behind me. We soon saw soldiers come towards us. We took them out as fast as we could. As we ran through the castle, we heard large explosions outside, that all shook the castle. Causing some of the stones to fall. 

"This is bad," I said. If the castle falls then it will be even harder to find the book. After what seemed like forever, we final reach two large golden doors. Taking a deep breath I pushed them open to reveal a brightly lit room.

Red curtains hung from the windows, and torches were lit all around. The floor was polished marble, with a dark red carpet going from the door to the thrones. The smell of wood burning, filled my lungs as I walked through the doorway, with Wendy and Gray in toe.

As we walked forward, my brother emerged from the curtains behind the thrones. We stopped in our tracks, ready to fight. "Hello, Lucy nice to see you," He said smirking. I glared holes at my 'brother'. 

"What you're not going to say anything to me? How rude," He said sitting down on one of the thrones. As I looked around I saw there were drawing and symbols of dragons. Specifically, the Royal Dragon Crest. 

"We're in the ruins of the old Dragon Castle aren't we," I said glaring at the man before me. 'Zeref' looked up at me, a hint of joy in his eyes. "Good observation Lucy," He said leaning his chin on his wrist. 

Wendy and Gray looked at each other in confusion. That's right they were never told about why the dragons live in a different realm. "I suppose though you aren't here to talk about history," He said looking me right in the eye.

"You're here for his book, are you not?" He said holding up a dark brown book, with gold writing. "Yes, and I would like if you could kindly give it to me," I said stepping forward. He moved his hand making me be thrown back. Thankfully Gray caught me. 

"Now why would I do that?" He asked smirking, I stood up glaring daggers at the man before me. "So I can free both you and Natsu from his power," I said. Zeref looked flustered. I had hit the target right on.