°o. I Promise ~ Jefferson .o°

Storybrooke Jefferson ~ Once Upon A Time

Requested(ish) by: EmmaRed2210 (They just brought to my attention that I haven't done a Jefferson imagine in this 52 part book)

Prompt:
You come after work to find an unexpected visitor in your apartment (which is across the hall from Emma and Mary Margaret's).

Warning: Some details might be wrong or vague because I haven't watched Once Upon A Time since last year. Kind of a weirdish, anticlimatic ending.

*•*•*•

"Well, have a nice night Emma." You bid a goodbye to your friend. "Hope you guys feel better."

"Me too." She mumbles and closes the door behind her.

You let out an exaggerated sigh as you fumble with your keys to unlock your door. As you open the door, you are greeted by the darkness of the soundless apartment. You look around, the only light you see is from the moon shining through an open window.

You drop your keys in the bowl next to the door and head straight for the kitchen and into the fridge for a beer.

"How was work?" A weak voice questions causing you to jump and choke on your beer a bit. "Guessing it was good." They try to laugh but it turns into a coughing fit.

"Jefferson?" You recognize the voice while wiping the drink off your chin and setting the bottle down onto the counter.

"Yea." He confirms with groan.

"What the hell are you doing here this late?" You ask, walking over to the couch where he is laying.

"Well... You work for the sheriff's department, so you should know."

"And I just talked to Emma." You sigh and wipe a smudge of dirt off his cheek with your thumb. "Do you want some ice packs? I heard you fell out of a two-story window."

"Can I have some heating pack instead, please?" Jefferson asks, you nod and head to the drawer where they are located

"While these warm up, do I need to know about any open wounds?" You call from the kitchen after you put the packs in the microwave.

"No." He says, you let out a silent sigh of relief. "But I might have broken some ribs."

"Jeffy." You facepalm.

"I'm sorry!" He quickly apologizes. "Maybe if Snow didn't push me out the window, we wouldn't have had this problem."

"Yeah, that's why we wouldn't have had this problem." You mumble to yourself, taking the packs out of the microwave and heading back to Jefferson. "Here." You drop the packs on him, he lets out a little groan.

"Thanks." He says through a wheeze.

*•*•*•

"Hey, Jefferson." You call softly as you sit on the couch with his head laying in your lap while you clean the dirt off his face with a wet towel.

"Mhmm?" Jefferson hums with his eyes closed, obviously enjoying you cleaning his face.

"You know I love you, right?"

"Yeah." He nods. "You know I love you?" He smiles.

"Yes." You look down at him and start playing with his hair. "But..." You hesitate.

"But what?" His eyes snap open and he looks up at me with concern in them.

"But why'd you do it?" You run you hand down his cheek and wipe a piece of dirt off his chin. "Why'd you put yourself at risk by kidnapping Mary Margaret?"

"(Y/N)." He sighs and slowly sits up next to you. "You know why." He buries his face in his hands.

You sit there and think for a second. "Is it because of Grace?" You question.

"I need her back." He confirms your suspicion. "I need my Grace back."

You sigh and scoot closer to him. Setting a hand on his back while bringing his head out of his hands with the other one. He tries to pull away from you but you catch him.

"Jefferson." You scold as you make him look at you. "You will get Grace back but this is not the way. You know that Emma is the savior and she will figure out how to get everyone's memories back somehow. It's not your job to. Yes, it's hell when your own daughter doesn't remember who you are but you have to power through it.

"You have to find a way to keep your mind off of it. Just have hope that day will come when she remembers you. And when it does, be relieved that it came. Cheerish the days after that too. Just, please, please promise that you won't do anything stupid that will cause you to not be there when the day comes." You end the speech of with a pled.

"I promise." Jefferson whispers after everything you said soaked in. "I promise." He repeats in a stronger voice, pulling you in for a hug. You guys stay like that for awhile, holding each other tight, not wanting to let go.