°o. Self Love ~ Bucky Barnes .o°

Post-Winter Soldier Bucky Barnes ~ Marvel Cinematic Universe

Requested by: misscosette08

Prompt:
Tony is sick of Bucky's self-degrading attitude and decides to do something about with the help of the reader (Bucky's girlfriend).

*•*•*•

Avengers Tower's Hangar

"Hey, good job on the mission, Frosty." Tony pats Bucky on the back as they make their way to the elevator. "You can't save everyone, though."

"But I could of." Bucky stops walking to face him, Tony holds back an eye roll sensing one of his self-degrading rants coming. "If I didn't have this stupid metal arm, the agent wouldn't have thrown that electric button thing to immobilize it and I could of have saved that kid."

"Bucky." He sighs while facepalming. "You gotta learn to apprecicate what you've got, chap." He advises.

Hour Later
Lab

"You needed me?" You ask as you stand in the doorway of the lab.

"Yeah." Tony nods, waving you over. "Come hither."

"Whatcha want, boy?" You question, walking up to the table in the middle of a bunch of tables and screens where he is messing with something.

"I want your boyfriend to stop being so self-degrading." He simply states. "You need to help him."

"You don't think I've tried?!"

"Then try harder!" He loudly says back, slamming his fist onto the table top. "I'm sick and tired of his insults to himself. As much as I pretend to hate the Stone Cold Killer, I care about everyone's well being on this team."

"Steve and I have tried and are still trying everything to get his attitude better and somewhat back to what it was in the 40's." You shout back.

"Then try harder." He says again but in a calmer tone. "We need to figure out something that will raise his confience."

"Or I can make his metal arm cool." You suggest. "All his insecurities come from his arm. If you let me vamp it up, it'll repair his confience a bit."

"Great idea." He smiles. "I'll write up some blueprints. For now, go cheer him up."

"Can you give me the override code for unlocking someone's door then?"

"Sure."

Few Days Later
Bucky's Room

"Hey, Buck." You greet as you plop down on his bed next to him.

"Sup, Doll." He greets back, eyes still focused on the book he's reading.

"Whatcha reading?" You ask, resting your chin on his shoulder while cuddling up to him.

"Some book Bruce told me to read." He shrugs.

"Do you like it so far?"

"No."

"Then why are you reading it?"

"Because I'm bored and Steve is on a mission." He admits. "You were in the lab with Tony, I didn't want to bother you either." Bucky explains, putting a piece a paper in his book to mark the page he's on and setting it on his nightstand. "So, now that you're free, wanna do somethin'?" He asks, wrapping his flesh arm around you.

"Well, you know how I'm a mechanic?"

"Yeah?"

"You know how much you hate your arm but I love it?"

"... yeah." He hesitantly nods.

"Tony and I made some blueprints of things we can do your arm to make you love it." You say, grabbing his other arm and wrapping it around your waist with the other one. Bucky's mouth opens a little bit and you see his eyes go soft.

Your Lab
Few Hours Later

"This one can cut all material." You inform, holding Bucky's index finger. "And lastly, this one can double as a lighter." You move to his thumb. "You can control if you want to turn the stuff on or off."

"I'm in control?" He looks up at you from his spot in the chair.

"You're in control." You confirm while a smile. Bucky smiles and looks at his metal hand, snapping his finger so his thumb lights a flame. He does it repeatedly for a while.

"I love you." He pulls you in onto his lap and into a hug.

"I love you, too." You reply. "Now, are you going to love yourself like I love you and stop insulting yourself?" You pull back to look at him.

"I'll try."

"Good." You nod. "Come 'mere." You lean down and seal your lips with his.