°o. Bucky's Birthday Special .o°

Post-Civil War Bucky Barnes ~ Marvel Cinematic Universe

Extra Info:
Let's pretend that Bucky didn't go back into cryo and is still chilling (pun intended) at T'Challa's compound base in Wakanda.

AN: Sorry, I forgot to publish this yesterday...

*•*•*•

"Morning, Buck!" You greet, his head snaps up to his doorway where you are standing there with a duffle bag in hand.

"Morin'." He says back, putting a piece of paper in the book you lent to him a couple days ago.

"Could I come in?" You ask, he nods. You smile a thank you and walk further into the soldier's room. You take a small moment to look around since the only time you've been in here is at nights.

His room is very simple for how large it is; a medium sized tv, a small black couch, a coffee table, armchair, a wall with built-in shelves filled with random items, a door that leads to an on suite bathroom, a dresser, bedside tables, and, finally, a king sized bed with a Bucky Barnes cuddled under the grey blankets.

"I thought we could hang out today and have a movie marathon since everyone is... I don't even know where." You kneel on the bed and start taking the stuff out of the bag. "Plus, I got you a bunch of stuff for your birthday."

"(Y/N), you didn't have to--"

"Yes, I did." You cut him off. "It's your 100th and first actual birthday since the 40's and I wanted to make it special." You explain, unpacking all the things you got him. "Sorry I didn't wrap it but it is surprisingly hard to find wrapping paper here in Wakanda.

"But, I got you some shirts catered to your arm, some sweats, a baseball hat because you seem to like to wear those while you work out, I also got you one of those old razor kits since you haven't been shaving and I thought that might be the reason..." You pull out the metal tin then your face drops a bit. "But now I'm realizing that it might be hard to do because you have one arm..." You trail off.

"Steve or I can help ya or something." You shrug. "Oh! I noticed you had a record player but didn't have any records, so I got some records for you." You pull out the disks. "Some Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, I added a Twenty One Pilot one in there too because I think you'll like them." You finally take a look up at the birthday boy and your heart breaks at the look on his face.

"Hey, hey, hey what's wrong?" You crawl to the head of the bed and place a hand on his back.

"Nothing, nothing." He sniffles into his hands. You just rub circles onto his back, trying to calm him down. "I'm not sad."

"Then why are you crying?"

"I just..." He lets out a sigh, looking over at all the gifts you got him. "I don't deserve all this."

"Buck, you wear the same two outfits on repeat every week." You deadpan. "Plus, you do deserve this." You shake his knee a bit. "With everything you've been through the last century, you deserve to get a little spoiled."

Bucky's lips turn up into a small smile at your answer as a faint blush coats his cheeks.

"Thank you, (Y/N)." He looks into your eyes and gives you the most genuine smile you've ever seen him have since you've been in Wakanda.

"No problem, hun'." You peck his cheek then lay on your stomach, sorting through the movies you brought. "What do you want to watch?" You look over your shoulder at him.

"Whatever you want." He sends you a loving smile.