Chapter 6

The next day, you were walking to your grandfather's cabin with (B/N). Your bestie was allowed to go with you, and the two of you packed prior to seeing your grandpa. All that was left was to help your gramps pack all of his belongings, and he had a lot. Every piece of technology he owned had to be wrapped in two layers of bubble wrap, placed in a titanium box (he thought the government would hack his computer), and shipped in a specially-made plane to your new house in the capital city of the Acorn Kingdom.

             You finally came upon the old beech-wood door to your grandpa's shack. After all the explosions from failed experiments and inventions, the door had become unhinged, forcing the two of you to lift the door away from the entryway. With the door out of your way, you ambled into the small house and studied your surroundings. In the house, metallic boxes were littered all over the place. The living room was in the center of the house with a small kitchen behind it. On both side of the room were halls that led to more areas of the home. An old, red couch was located in the center of the room, and it was in a terrible state. A spring was popping out of the cushion, tears were arranged all across the seat, and there were several flame marks on the back of the large love seat. There wasn't a single trace of your grandfather, so you shouted through the house for him.

             "Grandpa, we're here. If your working on some crazy invention somewhere, please, don't let it explode and kill us."

              After no response from your relative, (B/N) decided that splitting up would be beneficial to your quest. Your headed to the left hallway while your companion went right. As you scouted the rooms, there was still no signs of our papa. You checked the bathroom, the spare bedroom, and the room he used to plan the blueprints for his machines. You decided to peer into the room more, and snoop through his ideas.

             There were several ideas that you knew would end in tragedy. An electric bathtub with turbo engines, an robotic hair stylist, and a pet robot spider. It was sweet that he cared enough to create a gift for you instead of buying something from the store, but he should start testing his machines before giving them to you. You looked at the plans for the robotic arachnid again. You've always wanted a pet, but a pet spider definitely wasn't your ideal family member.

              "AHHHHHH!!!! GET AWAY, GET AWAY!!!!!!!!! (Y/N), HELP ME!!!!!" It was (B/N)!! Obviously, she was in danger as she was screaming loud enough to break your ear-drum

              You dashed out of the room to the living room once again. On the run-down couch was your female pal, using a pillow to protect herself from the same spider on the blueprint. Your grandfather was seen lingering in the hallway, trying to turn of his creation with a button. He was a (M/T) like you, only his red fur was more faded to a rusted color from age. He wore his usual lab coat, and his yellow Cocoa Island shirt underneath. (I think Cocoa Island is the Mobian version of Hawaii.) He wore a worn-down pair of blue jeans, and an old pair of spectacles. His white hair was in a wreck. It was uncombed, greasy, and standing straight in the air. He needed to take a shower desperately, but you would tell him later.

              The devilish android was spitting venom at your arachnid-phobic bestie, forcing you to act fast. Retracting your weapon, you ran to the automaton, avoided the venom spat at you. and smashed it to gears and circuits. It was a lot easier to destroy than a certain machine, but still just as fun. Your friend was shaking behind the pillow, still thinking the robot was functioning.

              "DON'T EAT ME, I TASTE TOUGH AND SWEATY!!!!" Your friend screamed. You lightly tapped on her shoulder and grasped the soft barricade from her hands. With the pillow no longer blocking her vision and your presence, she looked at the piled of parts, and her face heated in embarrassment.