Chapter 31

In the morning, your heart felt heavy with sadness, but light with excitement. Today was the day the mission began, but also the same day you would leave your best friend to start school on her own. It was early in the morning, and Sky Patrol wasn't going to ship off until noon, so you had some time to kill with (B/N).

You finished your morning routine, and you jumped down the stairs. No one was up since you awoke at such an ungodly hour. You were still slightly tired, so you decided that a splash of cold water on your face you wake you up. You trudged to the bathroom, but your friend's open bedroom door caught your attention. You peeked inside to see your ally was awake, and judging by the way she looked, she must have been up before the sun had even risen.

She had fifty pounds of make-up on, her hair had been destroyed by a hair curler, and she was going through drawer after drawer of clothes. Your bestie was never one to dress so...."fake." She never used make-up in her life, and you would always see her in a pair of sweat and an old T-shirt. It was like your friend was abducted by aliens in the night and had a personality transplant. You walked up to (B/N) as she pulled out a pair of tight jeans.

"What are you doing?" you asked with a serious expression on your face. You didn't like your friend change in your friend's image.

"Oh, hey (Y/N)" your friend welcomed without gives you a glance. "Do you know the trends of this city? I need to make a good impression."

"Dude, what better impression can you make other than coming from a different continent and meeting the freedom fighters," you reasoned.

"What if they have little groups, and I don't fit in any of them. Then, no one will take me to proam, or ask me out, or even sit with me a lunch. I'll be an outcast for eternity."

"What's proam?" you asked.

"Some kind of dance that every girl dreams of over here," (B/N) explained.

"Ya mean prom?"

"That's not the point. I'm gonna be alone there, and you won't be with me to help."

You didn't enjoy the negative vibes from your friend. You pulled out an outfit that was appropriate, beautiful, and spoke Soumerca. "If these people don't like you, then they're missing out on someone fun, hilarious, kind, and unique. Why would you want to look like someone from New Mobotropolis anyways. Remember when we got lost in the jungle?"

"Yeah," your friend answered.

"Then, you got the idea to swing around like monkeys. We found that cool waterfall, and you taught me how to swim. We spend the entire day jumping off a cliff into the water. How cool was that!!!"

"Really cool."

"What about when I first started training, and you let me use you as a sparring partner? You taught me some really cool moves."

"I know."

"There was also the time when you had that huge speech to give at school, and you were so scared and you kept saying you were going to faint. What did I do?"

"You pulled the fire alarm, and school was called off."

"I sat through three weeks of detention, and my parents grounded me for a six months, but I would do it again for you."

"What are you trying to tell me, (Y/N)?"

"We've done everything together, and I'm not going to let you go through high school alone. When I get back, I'll follow you there. I'll hide in your backpack if I have to. Until then, promise me that you'll call me every night," you held up your pinkie.

"I promise," she stated with a sigh. She pinkie swore, and you hugged.

You helped your friend whip off all the make-up and redo her hair. She wore the outfit you chose, and you relaxed with each other until it was time to walk to the school. You strolled with your friend, until the building appeared. You friend was sweating nervously, and you patted her back for reassurance. A small bell was heard, and the two of you hugged good-bye. You didn't know how long you would be gone, but it sounded like it would be a while. You released the embrace, and (B/N) turned to the doors. You waved to her, and before she entered, she waved back. Finally, she walked inside, and you walked back home alone.