Chapter 22

The journey back to your house was quiet and short. Your bestie was sitting behind you, her legs were hanging over the edges. Several yawns came from her mouth, and she was struggling to keep her eyes open. Your eyes were drooping after the long night, but you continued to rub the sleep from your eyes. You turned onto the familiar street and drove up to your door. The two of you jumped off the board, and without a rider, it transformed into a small cube. (B/N) took it back to the laboratory since she knew where it belonged. Afterwards, the two of you prepared for the sweet comfort of your beds. As you entered your room, the sheets seemed to call your name. You tossed yourself onto the bed, and you embraced your body in the relaxing warmth and softness.

You began to flutter your eyes shut, but a small thought seemed to creep into your mind. 'Didn't Sally say that the robots were being held at the base, too? ' You began reminiscing the mission. You didn't spot any large death robots when you looked on the camera feed, and unless the basement was large enough to fit the entire New Mobotropolis population, there weren't any rooms big enough to house the metal creation.

Soon, you couldn't think anymore. The darkness around you was persuading you to give into slumber. You pushed your worry to the back of your mind. Perhaps you could ask Sonic about it tomorrow. Somehow, you managed to relax your fearful mind, and you were taken to the dreamworld.

---Time Skip---

It was late morning when you opened your eyes to reality. Mobains were chatting down the streets, and small children were laughing as they chased each other through the town. You pushed yourself off your bed, and began to prepare for the day. A nice shower, a clean change in clothes, and a delicious breakfast was on the top of your to-do list. You pulled comfortable clothes out of your closet, and you open your bedroom door. You jumped off the floor when a elderly man appeared behind the door. His robotic spider was resting on his shoulder

"So, did your mission go well last night?" your grandfather asked. You couldn't tell if he was angry or just upset.

"How'd you know?" you questioned.

"You kids aren't very good at using your inside voices, " he explained. The machine on his shoulder, played a recording of our voices. Yep, you were busted.

"Wait, that thing spied on me?" you asked angrily.

"I'm afraid it was your mother's idea," he stated. You rolled your eyes, and smiled. Your mother never liked the idea of being a freedom fighter. Even though she never told you, she was scared you'd get hurt.

"I won't punish you this time, but don't try anything like that again," the male commanded. You gave him a silly salute and you walked past him.

You finished your morning routine, and you decided relax in your room for a while. As you entered the room, a small, green light emitted from your communicator. You tapped the touch screen, and noticed a message from the princess.

"All freedom fighters come help prepare the Sky Patrol. We need as much help as we can get."

You were still tired from last night, but you decided to go help. You didn't know why she needed everyone, though.