Chapter 10

The next few days weren't as amazing as you hoped. You would see the two heroes from earlier running around the city, but the other members were doing who-knows-what at who-knows-where. Your friend went shopping for clothes and supplies for her new school life, leaving you stuck in the house. Your grand-dad was in his laboratory, but he was much quieter than usual. Curiosity was persuading you to check up on him, so you made your way to the basement.

      The steps were metallic and freezing to you bare feet, and the dark stairway wasn't very welcoming. The basement was so cold that you could see your breath. You reached a large, steel door with a small computer beside it. You tapped the computer screen delicately. A bright green light startled you as it scanned your entire body. A picture of you appeared on the screen, and the door slid open. You stepped into the large basement, and you were surrounded by various gadgets and gizmos.

      The elderly scientist was no where to be seen, so you shouted for him. "Gramps, are you down here? It'd be great it ya could turn on the heat."

      Familiar screams were heard from a smaller room, so you cautiously but quickly made your way over there. You reached the room to see your grandpa-pi being dragged by another robotic spider beast. Some upgrades and parts were added to make it seem slightly cuter, but looks can be deceiving. Two red eyes beamed to your direction and the creature started crawling to you.

       You were about to attack when your grandpa's voice pulled your attention. "Don't destroy it," he started. "I need to switch off the attack mode."

       You nodded your head in understanding. The robot started running to you, but you dodged out of the way. Your grandfather peeled himself off the floor and ran to your side. "Keep it down here," your gramps commanded. "You remembered to shut the door, right?"

       You slammed a palm to your forehead, and you ran to the door. Sure enough, the android had started climbing the stairs to the main floor. You hustled after it, and started running around the halls to catch the device. It was fast for a spider-bot, and it evaded capture multiple times. Your gramps started to help, but he was much slower than the two of you. The chase continued until the spider jumped onto the kitchen table. You and your grandpa moved to both sides of the table, and began to pounce. Both of you jumped at the same time, but the creature leapt straight up. You collided with our relative, and received a huge migraine. You pulled yourself off the table and watched the robot moved up the stairs.

        Your gramps placed a hand on your shoulder and began to speak, "Alright, (Y/N), I'll watch the stairs while you try to corner it in the guest room. Then, I'll...."

        A sudden knock on the front door scared you. It wasn't your friend since she would've barged right in. You stood still until the knock came again. Your grandpa-pi sighed and spoke again, "Change of plans. You go to the door and see who it is, Don't let them in or see the robot. I'll try to corner the machine myself." The knock came again, but it was much louder than before. "Go, and hurry." Your relative pushed you to the door, and he ran slowly up the steps. You fixed your messy (H/T) before you creaked the door open slightly.

        You opened the door wider when you noticed Sonic standing in front of you with a smirk on his face. "Took ya long enough," he began with a small chuckle. "I started thinking you weren't home."

        "Oh, nah," you answered, "I was just...uh.....doing stuff, hehe."

        "Oh, alright then," he didn't seem to like your vague answer, but he didn't ask. "Anyways, the other freedom fighters are coming back later tonight, so the meeting's gonna be tomorrow at twelve ."

        Loud clatter erupted from upstairs. Sonic tried looking behind you, but you moved to block his sight. "Great, thank you so much for telling me."

        "You guys alright?" Sonic asked, " Do ya need help with something?"

        "Nope. Uh...my friend is just watching T.V. super loud is all. Nothing's wrong." You continued to cover his vision as you spoke.

        "You need to work on your lying skills, (Y/N)" A feminine voice said behind Sonic. (B/N) was carrying several bags on her arms as she walked up to the door. Sonic smirked at you again, and you sighed in embarrassment.

         You let them into the house, and the three of you walked up the stairs after shutting the door. A few paintings were knocked down, and shouts were coming from the guest room. You whispered to your female friend about the situation, and she immediately retreated to her bedroom. A locked the door behind her, and Sonic gave you a look of confusion. You gave him a nervous laugh before walking beside him in front of the guest room. Sonic was the first to make a move, and he turned the doorknob. The door immediately swung open, and a leaping spider jump-scared both of you. The machine landed on Sonic's face and it began clinging to his head. The hedgehog yelped in surprise, and tried prying the spider off of him. You pulled as well, but it wouldn't budge. Your relative stumbled out of the room, and began pulling with you.

        The device started to release after a few minutes of peeling. You had a sturdy grip, and when the android came off, you were launched into the guest room. You hit your back on the ground of the empty room. You kept your hold on the robot, and your grandfather hurried to the device. He grabbed a screwdriver from his lab coat pocket, and began fiddling with the circuits. The machine started slowing down and relaxed. It's eyes turned to a pretty shade of blue, and it stopped resisting. You gave the arachnid to your relative, and he left the room. You dusted yourself off, brushed your (H/T) out of your face, and stood back on your feet.

        The blue blur was still laying on the ground quietly panting to regain his breath. Small scratches were coated on his muzzles, but he seemed fine. You reached a hand to him, and he gladly took it.

        "Thanks for being a wonderful scratching post, Blue," you said. "We couldn't have done it without you."

        "What can I say? Everyone loves me," he stated. His cockiness made you laugh. "I should go, but thanks for the experience." He began walking down the stairs, and you followed him to the door. "Remember, tomorrow at noon in the castle. Don't forget...uh?"

        "(Y/N)," you answered, "And I'll be there. Don't worry."

        "Great!! See ya then, (Y/N)" He dashed out the door, leaving a small breeze behind him. You gave another slight laugh, and shut the door.