Chapter 16

The sound was coming from your window, but you were facing the opposite direction and you were to tired to move from your comfortable position. Meanwhile, the noise was getting louder and much more annoying. It sounded like something was hitting the glass, but you didn't care about it. After a few minutes, the sounds ceased and you relaxed again. Your eyelids fluttered shut, and your nerves were calm. Sleep was quietly calling your name, but the sound of hard pounding awoke you gain. You pulled your pillow over your ears in hopes of blocking the noise, but it was no use. The pounding on your window became louder and stronger.

Your anger was boiling at this point. You only wanted a peaceful sleep, but something was preventing it. Suddenly, you heard a small click of your window's lock. Was someone trying to break in? You must've been right, since a foot was heard landing on your floor. Your reflexes took control as you chucked your pillow at the invader.

You heard a grunt, and with the enemy off balance you jumped off your bed and into the darkness. The only light came from the shining moon. You couldn't see the face of the stranger in your home, but you could see their body outline, and that was all you needed. They were confused with the unknown flying object, so you used it to the advantage. They were facing the window, so sneaked behind them and kicked them off their feet.They stumbled to regain their balance, and luck for you, whoever it was feel out the open window. The fall was about ten feet down, so whoever it was was probably unconscious on the grass.

You peeked out of the open window, and starred at your victim. He was groaning in pain, laying on his stomach, and you still couldn't tell who it was. Luckily, the moon shined onto the invader, and their identity was uncovered. You would be able to see his blue fur, and signature spines from anywhere, but why on Mobius was he sneaking into your home THROUGH YOUR BEDROOM!?!?!

You ran down the stairs as quickly but quietly as possible. You sprinted to the hedgehog's side and rolled him over to his side. If he was in a comic book, small stars and birds would be circling around his head, His eyes were half-shut, but you assured yourself that since he was talking to himself about chilidogs, he was going to be fine. You tried shaking him out of his daze, but it wasn't very effective. You called his name, grabbed a stick and poked him, you smacked him across the face, but nothing seemed to wake him.

You began thinking of different ways to wake up Sonic. Chilidogs might have worked, but the diner was closed for the night. Suddenly, you recalled a detail about the blue blur you learned from Sally. The guy hated water!! You rushed into your abode, filled a pitcher with the cold liquid and ice cubes, and prayed that he wouldn't kill you. With one last inhale, you dumped the entire cup onto his head.

Saying Sonic has a fear of water is a huge understatement. The second the water hit his skin, the blue blur was sitting up from the ground, swinging his arms frantically like he was in the middle of the ocean.

"HELP!!! I'M DROWNING!!! I CAN'T SWIM!! HEELLLLLPPP!!!!!" Sonic screamed. Your ears couldn't take much more, so you immediately clasped your hand over the hedgehog's mouth. He looked at your hand in shock and then glanced up the arm over to you. Though it was dark, his cheeks transformed into a bright shade of pink in embarrassment.

You used your other hand to bring a finger to your lips. He nodded his head in agreement, and you released your hand from the boy's muzzle. You offered a hand, which he accepted, and you led the wet hedgehog into your house.

His spines dripped with the cold liquid, and several pieces of ice were sticking to his fur. You ran into the bathroom, and grabbed a dry towel. You ran back to Sonic and tossed it on top of his head. The boy grumbled about something, but you couldn't understand him with a towel blocking his voice.

"Sorry, what'cha say?" you asked innocently.

"I said, I think I deserve an apology. After all, you ignored me, made me fall out a window, and you poured water on my face," the hedgehog complained.

"Oh, my. You're so right. Sneaking into my bedroom in the middle of the night was a great idea. I mean, breaking an entering is completely safe. I'm soooooo sorry. Please, forgive me," you said in a sarcastic voice.

"Hey, if you answered the first time I wouldn't need to come inside."

"Or, you could've waited til tomorrow," your suggested.

"No way, it has to be done tonight, " Sonic retorted as he finished drying his spines.

"What has to be done tonight?" you asked. "The princess never told me about you waking me up in the middle of the night for something."

"That's cause she doesn't know." The boy answered. "Look, Egghead's got a chaos emerald at his base about 200 miles away, but instead of stealing it we're heading to Artika to handle the robo problem down there. Where's the sense in that? I say we sneak into the guy's base and steal the emerald without him noticing. Then, we know that the city's gonna be safe while we're gone."

"Okay, but I still don't get why we have to do it tonight, or why you woke me up and only me."

"Tomorrow, I'm gonna be running around grabbing supplies for the Sky Patrol ship, and you can't come to Sally with a tired attitude or she'll know something's up, " Sonic explained. "And I thought you'd like to go on a mission. It would be a good experience, and with me around we can't fail. " The hedgehog pointed to himself and showed a smirk on his face during the last sentence.

You had to admit, he made a good argument. Taking the chaos emerald away from the fat man's clutches would help the freedom fighters a lot. You also loved the idea of your first mission. Sneaking around in the darkness, and stealing from an evil villain sounded super fun. So, you made up your mind.

"Sure, I'm in."