Chapter 24

This time, the two of you were were strolling back to the city in a slower pace. You were in a strange conversation with your bestie. Right now, you were debating on who would win in a singing competition to the death, Mina Mongoose or Justin Beaver.

"Justin has the voice of an angel, (Y/N)," your friend explained. "He's also strong, hot, cute, and a total hunk!! Mina wouldn't stand a chance."

"Oh, please," you retorted. "Mina sings real music about standing up for yourself and never giving up. She's the leading female figure of the world, and she's received multiple awards for her songs."

"But she's a pacifist, and she's too nice to fight to the death."

"At least she would be nice enough to hold back, I bet that someday you're gonna meet him, and he's gonna be a total jerk to you."

For your information," your friend corrected, "I have met him, but I only got spend 3.58 seconds with him before he called security."

"So...he is a jerk!!"

"NO HE ISN'T!!! GET OVER HERE!!!!" your friend demanded.

You ran down the hill to the city walls, and luckily, you weren't stopped by the guards. (B/N), on the other hand, was told to relax her emotions before entering New Mobotropolis. This gave you enough time to blend in with the crowd around you. You wedged through people, and squeezed through the gathering of shopping mobians. You tried scoping the huddle for any sign of a French coyote and his bunny bride. You continued to search for them, until a familiar voice rang through your ears.

"I don't know if we should buy from here, Sugah. Sonic likes the chili dog recipe from Uncle Chuck, more."

"Oui, but these are much cheaper, non? Besides, Chuck is busy with ze customers. Eet will be forever before we get the supply."

You began making your way to the shopping couple, when an angry voice echoed from behind.

"GET OVER HERE YOU DREAM BOY HATER!!!" you friend commanded.

You quickly ran to the two freedom fighters, whom had turned their attention to the raging voice. You hide in fear behind the male coyote, and you used him as a meat shield. The couple laughed at your actions, as (B/N) pushed herself through the crowd.

"Howdy, are the two of you gonna help us with the shoppin'?" Bunnie asked.

"Yep," you answered. You handed the cyborg the extra cash, and you left from Antoine's shadow.

The second you moved from your protection, you were pounced on and put in a head lock by your bestie. She started messing up your (H/T) until you meet her demands.

"Say he's better, (Y/N)" your friend commanded.

"What are ze two of you doing? Antoine asked with an arched eyebrow.

"(B/N) says that Justin Beaver would beat Mina Mongoose in a singing battle to the death, but I disagree," you explained.

The married couple shook their heads with small smiles on their faces. They begin to walk through the market, but they turn their heads back to the two of you. "Mina," they answer at the same time.

They turn back and stroll though the crowd. Their fingers interlock, and a large smile of happiness appears on your face. Your friend is reacting much different. She is stuck in a state of shock, her mouth is agape. You struggle out of the froze headlock, and after a few seconds of wriggling, you pull yourself out. You grab (B/N)'s hand and you pull her along as you follow the D'Coolette couple.