Chapter 13

The three of you arrived at the castle a few minutes before the meeting. The palace looked much more beautiful up close. Two rough, royal guards were protecting the castle doors, and they opened the doors for you and your small gang. Amy released her hold on you, and she lead the way to the meeting room. She turned to a long corridor, and walked until she found a large, wooden door guarded by yet another burly-looking mobian. He opened the door for you and your small group,

           Amy being the first to enter. (B/N) was next to enter, but before walking in the room, she spat her gum into the guards hand and patted his back . He look at his hand as if he had just seen death. As you passed, you gave him a whispered, "sorry" and another pat on the back. You knew what that felt like, after all, your friend had done the same thing to you on multiple occasions. She was probably the reason why so many people wore gloves. Too bad the guard didn't have any hand coverage.

          You noticed a large, round table in the center of the room. Multiple freedom fighters were seated around it, talking to each other about unknown topics. You followed Amy to three empty spots beside the familiar blue blur. Being the love-struck fan she was, the pink hedgehog hurried to the seat next to Sonic. She grabbed his arm, and hugged in tightly. Sonic didn't seem to care, perhaps he became used to it. You sat beside Amy, and your friend sat along-side you. Next to (B/N) was the famous married D'Coolete's, Bunnie and Antoine. The half-robotic female noticed your presence and waved politely to you before turning back to her husband. Beside them was an empty seat, and after it was the buff tech-specialist Rotor and Walrus. Knuckles sat beside him, both of them talking quietly. Froggy sat on the table next to Knuckles' hand. The amphibian was being petted by the large, but kind-hearted, Big the Cat. Sitting along-side the feline was the adorable and sweet Cream the Rabbit. She was talking to her small chao friend, Cheese. The two of them were cuter than the newspapers described them. Finally, the young genius Tails was seated between the female child and Sonic the Hedgehog. With only one member missing, you assumed the empty spot belonged to the leader, Princess Sally Acorn.

           You started a conversation with (B/N) to pass the time. You talked about old memories of your old home. You wished they could see you now, sitting with a Acorn Kingdom Freedom Fighters. They would be so proud.

           A few minutes passed when the door opened again, and a brunette squirrel appeared. She was standing beside a familiar holographic lynx. She clapped her hands together before she announced,"Let's start the meeting."

           The chatter had ceased when Sally appeared, and as she walked to the front of the room, seriousness appeared on the freedom fighters' faces. You stood up straight and tried to look as professional as possible.

           "As you probably know, (Y/N) the (M/T) is here, and she has accepted the offer of becoming one of our freedom fighters," The princess gestured to you, and you smiled to the others in the room. They smiled back with a feeling of welcome, except for one.

          "I don't understand why the king thinks we need another fighter," Knuckles began. "We've been able to handle ourselves this far, and we don't need to endanger another life."

          You became a little upset by the echidna's words, but he had a good reason to be skeptical. These freedom fighters have been rebelling since they were kids, so why would they need help from a slightly unique village girl.

          "I believe you'll change your mind after hearing the most recent information from our spies in the Egg Legion," the squirrel retorted. Behind her, Nicole the Holographic Lynx created a screen. You and your friend were in awe at her abilities, but you tried not to show it. The A.I. started showing pictures of machines, reports, and several other pieces of evidence.