Chapter 77

At the beginning of your flying adventure, you couldn't wipe the smile off your face. To look at the world from high above was breathtaking; a view that some people would sadly never get to experience. You would reach back over the edge of the plane's wings and feel the cool clouds faze around your small hands. You always imagined that it would feel like cotton candy or a thin cotton ball, but it was similar to visible water. Your gloves became slightly soaked, making it somewhat uncomfortable to wear. You watched the scenery below fly past without a pause. You were afraid to blink, worried that you might miss seeing something incredible. Soon, you reached the ocean, and you began to watch the glistening water rush past you below. You laid on your stomach, constantly smiling down at the deep blue miles away.

However, after a good ten minutes flying over the sea currents the scenic views became a little boring. You sat up on your knees and took a look around. Tails was still manning the plane, his eyes fixed on what was ahead. Amy appeared to be waxing her hammer, smiling as her reflection appeared in the yellow metal. Finally, the blue hedgehog sat beside you on the wing. He laid back in a reclined position, looking up at the light blue sky. His spines spread out under his head like a starfish. You huffed, becoming bored out of your mind. You tapped your fingers on the metal wing, creating a rhythm you could only hear inside your head. Sonic turned his head to look at you with eyes only halfway opened.

"You bored too?" the hedgehog asked with a monotone voice.

You nodded your head, about to give a verbal answer when you heard the other female pipe up. "You always get bored on these plane trips, Sonic," Amy huffed. "You need to do something to keep yourself busy."

"What can I say? I don't like to sit still; just not my thing," Sonic replied, a smirk apparent on his face.

"Why don't we play a game then?" You heard Tails suggest, his eyes still facing forward. "We have a good three hours before we arrive."

"Sure, I'm in for a game," you agreed.

"Great! Time for some 'I Spy,'" Amy exclaimed. You took a look around your surroundings. You knew right away that the game was going to get really old, really fast.

"I'm up," Sonic stated. He sat up and took a good look around. A devilish smirk appeared on his face as he clapped his hands together. "Alright, I spy with my little eye something red."

"Is it my dress?" Amy asked.

"Nope," Sonic replied smugly shaking his head.

"Amy's shoes?" you questions back.

"Nu-uh."

"My headband?"

"Nah."

"What about your shoes, Sonic?" Tails joined in.

The hedgehog made the sound of an irritating buzzer. "errrr, you guys give up?"

The three of you were absolutely silent. You ran out of red things to rattle off, so you gave in. You nodded your head, arms crossed.

"The fish!"

"...What?" Tails asked confused.

"There is a bright red fish underwater," Sonic stated, holding back a laugh.

"SONIC!!! IT HAS TO BE SOMETHING WE CAN SEE!!!" Amy shouted, steam fuming out of her ears and hands clenched into fists.

After that, you decided it was best to choose a different game. You ended up playing "20 Questions" for a while until you grew bored and chose another game. This continued for the rest of the trip, constantly keeping boredom at bay. Soon, the view below you changed from the basic blue sea to a bright green. The grassy plains rushed past underneath the bi-plane. Then, you flew above the trees of a large forest, seeing the leaves rustle from the quick gust of air the plane produced. Sonic stood up and stretched his arms across his body.

"Alright, we got another twenty minutes or so before we reach the Death Egg. We need a plan," Sonic stated his eyebrows furrowed in seriousness.

"Well, Sally told me that she doesn't just want us to get the Chaos Emeralds, but also the blue prints of the roboticizer, if possible," Tails explained.

"Our team can handle anything! We'll get the emeralds and those plans before Egghead puts on his mustache," Sonic snickered.

"Alright," Tails answered. "You guys will only have a short amount of time once they see us coming. I have to pilot the plane, leaving you three to go inside. Amy and (Y/N), the two of you will have to go down to the bottom of the Death Egg. That's where Eggman stores the Chaos Emeralds. At the same time, Sonic will venture upwards to the main computer. I have two flash drives, one to gather the roboticizer plans, and another to input a virus on the computer's mainframe. 'T' for transfer, and 'C' for corrupt. That should delay the Doctor for a while."

Tails reached down near his seat and tossed to dark green flash drives in the blue hedgehog's direction. Sure enough, both were marked in permanent marker with either a 'T' or 'C'. The hedgehog slipped the flash drives into his glove, hidden at first glance. The four of you looked at each other, determination boiling inside all of you. The Death Egg was drawing near. You could see the reflective surface of the mustache.

"Alright, team," Sonic stated as he placed his right hand in the center. You and Amy did the same thing, and Tails lifted one of his hands off the plane's steering wheel. "Let's do this for our families, friends, and everyone on Mobius."

Just as the hedgehog finished his sentence, you heard the deafening sound of sirens in the distance. The eyes on the Death Egg were blinking red. Obviously, the plane had tripped the sensors. The sides of the oval ship opened up, releasing thousands of flying robots out of its cheeks. All of them were making their way towards you and the others, with only destruction in their programming. Lasers began to shoot at the plane, forcing Tails to swerve out of the line of fire. Amy brought up her Piko Hammer, and began swatting and destroying the robots that came too close for comfort. You pulled out your own (W/C) and used it to annihilate any that came near your reach.

"Nice welcoming committee, Egghead!!" Sonic hollered before kicking Eggrobo at his side.

"Sonic," Tails began, "Eggman has never sent this many aerial robots at once before."

"I get what you're saying bud. Change of plans then: Amy, you stay and help Tails fend off these badniks while (Y/N) and I snatch the emeralds and corrupt his computer," Sonic stated.

Amy nodded before smashing a buzz bomber. Tails also nodded in agreement before saying, "I can't get close enough to the ship with all these robots around."

"On it," Sonic responded.

You were quickly pulled towards the blue hedgehog, and found yourself in a bridal style position in Sonic's arms. You instantly grabbed onto the mobian's neck, unsure of what he was planning. The male began to back up, standing right on the edge of the plane's wing. With a sudden burst of speed, Sonic moved across the plane and jumped off the other side. With a homing attack, the hedgehog was able to move from one enemy to the next becoming closer and closer to the floating fortress. Spared enemies flew from your vision in nanoseconds, making you feel like the world was spinning--which it was.-- Shards of broken metal barely missed your skin, sometimes leaving small scratches on your arms and legs. At one point, Sonic was able to land on top of a turtloid, flying on it for a few seconds to catch his breath before starting up again.

Finally, Sonic was able to land his feet on the hard metal inside the Death Egg. He slowly lowered you to your feet, knowing that your surroundings were probably still tossing and turning around you. Once your feet touched the ground, you were able to set yourself with a little help from the hedgehog as he held your hand to keep you steady. Once you were ready, the nodded at the Blue Blur. He smirked back adrenaline pumping through his veins. He held onto only one of your hands as he began to lead you down one hall after another, making your way towards the Chaos Emeralds.