Chapter 30

You tracked down your energized friend in town, and the two of you negotiated your grandfather into giving you some cash. Together, you went store to store, buying decorations and items to put in your flying bedroom. You wanted it to have a little personality, but to mostly reminded you of your family, friends, and home.

You brainstorm some creative ideas for the room, and after a while, you started piecing together the perfect bedroom. Photos to remind you of happy memories, a music speaker to combat boredom, a few of your favorite books, and some video games had to be included in the design. With a few pictures, warm blankets, and several other objects that fit your idea, you headed back to the Sky Patrol with (B/N).

Your friend had relaxed a bit after using the extra energy on shopping and planning. You were worried your ally would collapse from caffeine withdrawal, and you were right. As you lowered all of the supplies to the floor, (B/N) laid on the soft bed and fell asleep. You would have to create your room on your own, since you didn't dare ask Amy. For all you knew, she was still playing "interior designer" in Sonic's room. You wiped your hands on your pants before you began.

---Time Skip---
Everything seemed to fit together. The pictures, colors, and objects seemed to match perfectly. Your companion was still napping on your bed. Luckily, there was no drool falling from her face, so you didn't have to worry about a wet pillow. The large window in the room was allowing a faint orange glow shine into the room. Sunset was a few minutes away, and you wanted to prepare for the day ahead. You shook your friend awake, and with (B/N) being too tired to fight or debate, you headed outside.

You didn't see any one around as you left. It seemed that they had disappeared into thin air. Suddenly, a heave thump came from one the bedrooms you passed. Your ally continued to zombie-walk away, but you turned back around to investigate.

The noise led you to a pink hedgehog laying on the cold floor. She had dropped an electric guitar, as well, the source of the thud. You pulled the female up, and grabbed the instrument off the ground.

"Thanks, (Y/N)," Amy began, "I can be a klutz sometimes. Can you hang this on those hangers up on the wall for me? I think your taller." She pointed to a few black hooks for the guitar, and you nodded your head.

You had to stand on your tip-toes to reach it, but the instrument was in place. It reminded you of the acoustic guitar you saw the male play a few days ago. Time had gone by faster than you thought it would. You felt as if you had known the freedom fighters for years. Both of you were tired from the day, so you said very little to each other as you left. Amy was certain that Sonic was still around, though you had your doubt. She stayed behind as you rushed to your slow-moving friend.

Your friend was dragging her feet, leaving a dirt streak on the ground. If she fell asleep, you weren't going to carry her home. You were praying that she would sleep-walk home if she had to. Luckily, you made it home in time. (B/N) didn't say a word as she went to her room. You decided to have a small bite to eat before you shipped off to slumber land.

After preparing for sleep, your eyelids couldn't stay up. You trudged up the stairs to your bedroom. You snuggled into the covers, and fluttered your tired eyes shut. Your brain,, however, stayed awake. It was excited for the adventures you would have soon. You didn't even click that it was your last day in New Mobotropolis for quite a while. Your best friend started school tomorrow, and you would be flying in a giant battle ship to a frozen continent. How could you fall asleep when all these thoughts crowded the door to the dreamscape.

You opened your eyes to check the time; almost midnight, great. You had to relax if you wanted to rest. You grabbed your music player, and began to play a list of your favorite songs. The (F/M) flew into your ears, and in a matter of seconds, you could feel the serenity washing over you. All of the worrying and exciting thoughts started drifting away, and after a few deep breaths, you drifted off to your night-time fantasies.