Chapter 66

"Heeeeeeeeeyyyyyy," you sang. A nervous smile popping in your face.

Sally shook her head in dismay. "(Y/N), what were you thinking?"

"She had ze stroke of genius I tell you!!! Ze prank was magnifique!!" Antoine exclaimed, pounding his fist onto the table in laughter. "Did you see ze hedgehog's face?!"

"It's not funny, Antoine!!" Amy retorted.

"You are right....IT WAS ZE HILARIOUS!!!!" Antoine replied with a fit of laughter.

"Amy, Antoine," Sally began, "I think it would be best for the two of you to round up the other freedom fighters for a brief meeting. "

It was obvious to you that the princess wanted them out of the room. The two freedom fighters followed her orders and left the room. Sally sighed before turning back to you. The only thing you could think of was the cruel punishment you would receive. Even though your brain was telling you that you were in the right to pull the prank; your heart said the exact opposite. You did something wrong and you deserved what was coming to you....even though Sonic totally deserved your ice cold vengeance. It was like having an Angel and a devil on your shoulders. The beautiful and pure angel was right but a huge drag while the red creature from down below sounded fun but was filled with evil and sinister plans.

"I know what you're gonna say, and I'm 100% sorry for what I did," you stated. "Well.....more around 93% or lower actually--"

"--(Y/N)," Sally began, but you continued on.

​​​​​ "He deserved it, though. Maybe you didn't see it, but he made me faceplant into the syntactic snow, got me stuck on sword cleaning duty, and I--"

"--(Y/N)," The princess called again, but to no avail.

"--didn't get to my room until 1 in the stinking morning....okay, that might not be completely Sonic's fault but he played a part in it. Anyways, I--"

"(Y/N)!!" Sally screamed. You blinked a couple times with wide eyes. Oops. "You're not in trouble."

"Whaaaaaaaaat?" you asked in shock. "Why?"

"I'll be honest," she began, "I've been friends with Sonic since I was a little kid, but he can drive me off the walls sometimes."

"FINALLY!!" You exclaimed. "Thank you for understanding. I--"

"--But," Sally interrupted, "I'd prefer to know about your schemes ahead of time, and for what reason. I thought we were under attack when I heard his scream."

"Is that the only reason?" You asked with a smirk.

Sally giggled lightly before answering, "I am a strategist, ya know. It gives me an advantage in battles, special spy missions, and in pranks."
​​​​​
Freedom fighters began flooding into the room. You took your seat at the table while your other team members talked and sat down. When Sonic came into the room, there were only a few seats taken. Being the confident hedgehog he was, the Blue Blur decided to take one of the chair next to you. You stuck your tongue out at the hedgehog when no one else was looking. The speedy hero retaliated by ruffling your hair into a "fabulous" hair do. You knew that you were dead when the meeting was over, so you were praying that it would last a while.

It was one of the shortest meeting you ever had.
At the end of the very brief meeting, you turned to see emerald green eyes filled with attitude and mischief. "Alright, (Y/N)," Sonic began, "I'm giving you a thirty second head start before--"

"--Got it!!" You interrupted as you bolted out of the room for a hiding spot.

You could hear the evening's evil laugh echo behind you as you ran down the halls. You found yourself in front of the Zen garden; it was a pretty good place to hide in, so you decided to give it a shot. After all, you were short on time. You walked inside and made sure no one was around. With a sigh of relief you stepped on the sand, which was your greatest mistake.

A rope latched itself around you ankle and you were pulled into the air. Your scream of surprise must've been heard by everyone on the ship. You groaned from the dizziness and annoyance as you slowly spun around. Dangling upside down by your feet was not the best way to hide, and you assumed that Sonic was the one who created the contraption with the help of the genius Rotor.

You heard the door slide open behind you, and you knew exactly who it was. "Did you really think going into the Zen garden was a good idea?" Sonic asked as he took a bite of his chili dog.

"Was it a good idea to go anywhere?" You asked as you rotated enough to see the hedgehog.

"Well...nah, I got a prank waiting for you in almost every room," the hero answered. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna get a chair so I can bask in the glory of my victory right in front of you."

As Sonic turned around to leave, he was whisked up into the air by the same trap. You almost died of laughter when you saw his face. He dropped his chili dog onto the sand, and you just watched to whole face drain of emotion. It was priceless.

"You....just fell...for your own prank!!! THAT'S HILARIOUS!!!" You exclaimed between fits of laughter.

"I only made one of these things," Sonic stated as he tries untying the knot around his ankle.

You heard the door slide open again, and another male entered the room. His laughter echoed off the walls in the garden allowing you to immediately know the culprit.

"Did you guys seriously think you were to only ones that could make a good prank?" The mobian asked as he wiped tears of joy from his eyes. "You guys look hilarious!! Don't go anywhere until I get a camera, hahaha."

"ROTOR!!!!"