Chapter 45

You felt the Sky Patrol rock as it landed. A small vibrations shook the airship as it landed on the cold tundra. Everyone was dressed in winter clothes, but you felt trapped under all the fabric. You had never needed to wear such bulky clothes before, and you felt buried and stiff in your coat. You pulled the ear-muffs over your (M/T) ears as the doors opened to the outside.

Your eyes widened as they stared at the sparkling white around you. Everyone seemed unfazed by the frozen beauty, but you were stunned. You ignored the small pains on your face from the chilled wind and focused on the powdery snow around you. You leaped off the battleship and laughed at the small crunch you made under your boots. You scooped some ice crystals into your hands, and blew them away. You watched them magically fly away in the breeze, sparkling in the sunlight was they disappeared from sight.

Your childish antics drew a certain hedgehog's attention, and he smiled at your actions. "Haven't you seen snow before, (Y/N)?" Sonic asked with a small chuckle.

You only smiled as you shook your head. You had never seen a snowfall before. In fact, the idea of snowflakes on the ground seemed impossible to the people of Soumerca. You gently blew another handful of cold snow away, and you smiled at the incredible display of sparkles and shimmers.

Sonic frowned at your response as if you just said the unthinkable. He patted his foot on the ground while in thought. The crisp, clear crunch satisfied your ears, it felt relaxing somehow. You pulled your glove off your hand and an immediate rush of cold hit your bare flesh. You pinched the snowflakes and felt their cool touch. You crouched closer and saw the small designs in every miniscule crystal.

Suddenly, your unclothed wrist on grasped by a white glove. You allowed the Blue Blur to pull you up again, and he gently tugged you away. His red scarf snapped and shook in the cold wind, making you smile. You walked you to an area of gently layer snow and releases his grip on you. He started running around in circles, kicking the fluffy white flakes into the air along with your (H/T).

The male halted in a sudden stop, and watched you spin in the falling snowflakes. They danced around you slowly, and you finally felt the feeling on an authentic snowfall. Sonic walked to you tapped your shoulder. Your eyes were gleaming and shining of pure happiness like a child at a candy store. He stuck out his tongue, and several snowflakes lowered onto it, melting instantly. You copied his actions, and you felt the small particles melt on your tastebuds. You laughed, and Sonic did the same.

You noticed the other freedom fighters watching the two of you. They were smiling and laughing, but the fun had to end. Sally beckoned you to come, and you were led by a smiling hedgehog to the others. You continued to stick your tongue out as you strolled through the snow, but you stopped when Sonic placed an arm over your shoulders

You glared at him in confusion while the hedgehog faced the opposite direction. You turned back to the male's hand laying over your shoulder. A sudden snowball collided with your face, and the cold pricked your face. You laughed with the blue hero, and while his eyes were shut tight from laughter, you smashed a sphere of snow at the side if his head.

You ran away from the speedy boy, but you were easily caught by another snowball. You continued to run around with Sonic as you pelted each other with the cold ammo until you reached the Artika cavern base. You wished you experienced snow before, you missed a huge childhood of sledding, snowball fights, and snow angels. You had a lot of frozen fun to have before you left the cold continent.