Chapter 54

The darkness shrouded you completely. You couldn't your fingers in front of your face, and you could barely move in the claustrophobic space. You sat directly above the empty chaos emerald container, and you were lowered below the flooring. Surprising, there was barely enough room for you to crouch between the hidden elevator door and the container top. Your knees were poking your ribs, but you were going to make an epic scene soon.

The others were above, trying to weaken the machine a little but more. Rotor had gotten the emerald out of the machine prior to your hiding, and he was holding it in his shoulder bag. In short terms, the plan was going to be an ambush. This copycat Android wasn't going to last very long against eight specially-trained freedom fighters. Well, you never had special training, but had some fighting skills up your sleeves.

Suddenly, you heard metallic feet stomp above you,and they continued to press forward. Soon, the footsteps ceased echoing, and you could tell they were positioned above you. Taps on the computer keyboard were heard for a few seconds before you felt yourself being risen. The trap door slid open, and light seeped through. You were able to stand tall, and you placed a hand on your hip confidently.

The machine was definitely smaller than your previous robotic enemy. In fact, it was about two times your height. The yellow and orange colors gave it the design of happiness, but you knew that was a lie. You were finally standing as high as you could, and you barely surpassed the machine's height. You could tell that it was scanning your body as quickly and thoroughly as it could, so you pulled your (W/C) out and jumped down below.

"(Y/N) the (M/T), number seven on the 'Most Wanted Freedom Fighters List,'" the machine stated without feeling.

You approached the brightly colored machine, and even though you were much shorter, you continued to show as much confidence as you could. "Your Emerl 2.0, right? It's nice it meet a machine with a sense of color coordination," you said with a small smirk. You need to work on your comebacks.

Your friends and fellow fighters helped you circle the machine. Now, you had to wait for Sally's call to attack.

"Hold your ground," the princess demanded.

Erma looked ready to tear the android's circuits out wire by wire. Luckily, Sally made the call, "Strike team, GO!"