Chapter 33

You walked beside the blue hero as he carried his best bro piggy-back style so all of you would fit on the sidewalk. You would mostly converse with the young fox perched above you, since you wanted to know more about the genius. After a while of talking, you found yourself carrying Tails while Sonic strolled beside you, watching to make sure you didn't run int anything as you gazed your eyes above to the fox.

You continued to walk through town, learning about the city. If any building caught your eye, the boys would explain as much as they could. You had walked a fourth around the city, when the Blue Blur started searching through his socks and gloves. He seemed upset that he couldn't find whatever he was looking for.

"We gotta head to my place," Sonic stated grasping your hand a pulling you.

"What for?" the young boy asked as he hopped off your back and onto the sidewalk.

"I can't find my lucky ring, and I never go on a mission without it," the hedgehog explained as he continued to pull you away.

Sonic didn't use his speed, but you did make it to his house faster than you anticipated. The hero released his grip on you, as he walked to the door. He didn't even knock or say a warning before he entered.

"I forgot something," Sonic said loudly into the house. He turned to Tails, "You mind helping me look?"

The young fox nodded his head, and they walked into a room down a hallway. You stood in the living room, unsure of what to do. You didn't even notice the lady behind.

"Excuse me," an unfamiliar voice said behind you. You jumped a few inches off the ground in surprise.

"Oh, I didn't me to startle you, dear," the female hedgehog stated. "I was wondering, are you (Y/N), the new freedom fighter?"

You nodded your head in a response, you had pretty good assumption of who she was.

"I'm Bernadette, Sonic's mother," she informed you as she shook your hand. The small game show announcer was praising you in your head for assuming right.

"It's nice to meet you, Mrs.Hedgehog," you said with a large, sweet smile.

Sonic's mother continued to ask you questions about you: where you lived, your parents, your feeling about being a freedom fighter. You felt all the nervousness slip away from you as you conversed with Bernadette. It felt like only seconds had gone by when the two boys came back.

Tails started heading for the door,"We found it, and we need to start heading to the Sky Patrol."

You shook the lady's hand and waved good-bye, but before you could leave, Sonic was stopped by his mother.

Bernadette embraced her teenage son in a tight hug, "Stay safe, sweetie. Have fun and be careful out there, alright?"

"Don't worry, mom," Sonic reassured, "I'll be fine."

"Okay, but ice that foot, keep your spines sharp, watch out for water,..."

"Mom," the hedgehog interrupted as he rolled his eyes.

"Alright, I love you," the mother said as she kissed her son's cheek.

"Love you, too," Sonic replied as he returned the action quickly. You could hear quiet giggles coming from the two-tailed freedom fighter behind you.

You walked outside, and as you walked you pushed Sonic with your shoulder in a teasing manner.

"That was adorable," you stated with a smile.

Sonic grinned and rolled his eyes again, "yeah, yeah." You giggled as you pushed the hedgehog once more. You and Sonic pushed eachvother back and forth until you reached the battleship.