Grieving

2 weeks later

Odell POV-

It had been two weeks since Kenya's mother's death. Kenya, being the only family she had, decided not to have a big funeral. She instead cremated her and had a small memorial service  at her mother's home.

Her uncle and my mom, pitched in to help her pay. Her uncle also said he would watch over the house, while K went back to school. My mom also promised to help her with whatever other expenses she needed.

How is Kenya taking it? She cried at her mother's memorial, and that was it.

Now she spends her days and nights, in the school's library. I guess working harder than usual to get her mind off of it.

Over the past two weeks we probably said three words to each other. I noticed she was being distance, even though I tried to be there. She would ignore my calls and texts. And when I would come over she would ignore me and just do her school work. my mother told me to just give her, her space. I've tried to do that. I'd stayed at my apartment. But the silence between us was killing me.

After practice I came and sat across from her at the table she was at. I waited to see if she would acknowledge me, she didn't.

"I miss you." I told her.

She kept writing whatever she was writing.

"K."

She looked up at me annoyed.

"You heard me?"

"You're right in front of me." She said with an attitude and started back writing.

"It's almost 11. We should go home. I don't like you leaving out this late by yourself."

"I'm fine." She said writing.

"You more than likely been in here all day."

"I have major projects I need to work on."

"But everybody needs a break K."

"I'll break when I'm dead." She said not looking up from writing.

"K. You pushing me away and I'm trying to be there for you in every way possible. But I can't do that if you won't let me."

"I don't need you to be there for me. I got me. As I always have." She turned a page in her book and started writing.

I ran my hands through my hair frustrated.

"All this anger you got. It's going toward the wrong person. I'm just trying to be a good boyfriend and support you."

"I'm not angry." She said blandly, not looking up.

I sighed. She was really testing my patience.

"I gave you space because I wanted to give you personal time to grieve. But pushing me away, when you know you want me there, is not going to make things easier. Nobody needs to go through this alone."

"Odell I'm trying to do my work." She pulled her long sleeve stretch shirt up a little to scratch her arm, reading her book.