Flashback: The Ritual

Kenya POV-

"K." I heard Odell's voice as he walked through my front door.

"I'm in the room." I yelled back, laying on my bed finishing up my personal statement for my Rhodes application.

I heard him put his stuff down, then he went in the bathroom. He came out, then got on the bed and laid his head on my back.

"Your nugget is hurting me." I said.

"Your thick ass back can take it."

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes and kept talking.

"And did you wash your hands?"

"No."

"Get offa me." I shook to move him off.

He laughed. "Yeah girl. I may not wash my dick, but I wash my hands."

"You are so sick and trifling. That's why I had to go with your scary ass to the clinic last year. Cause you nasty."

"I didn't have nothing tho."

"You are such a disgrace to man-kind. You and them dusty bitches you be fucking."

"What you doing?" He turned his head to look at the computer, still with his head on my back.

"I'm applying to be a Rhodes Scholar."

"What's that some type of science thing?"

"No. It's like a prestigious program that lets you study in Oxford, England for two years."

"Why you wanna go all the way to England?"

"What do you mean, why do I want to go. Some of the top people in their field do this."

"But it's gonna be my first year in the NFL."

"So I'm supposed to center my life around you?"

"Basically."

"Odell goodbye."

He laughed. "No that's cool. I'll be up there as soon as the off-season or we get a break."

"Who says you're invited?"

"That's automatic. Any place you live is mine."

"If you say so." I said typing.

"I got your tickets for the game tomorrow. I'll leave them out if you not up, when I leave."

"I can't make it O. I got to finish this app. The deadline is coming up."

"Kenya don't play with me." He said serious.

"I'm not." I said messing with him. He was so sensitive when it came to me missing games.

"This my first fucking game of senior year before I go to the NFL. Don't play with me."

"I'm sorry that my future is more important than your first game."

He looked at me. Then got up.