Flashback: Written Prayers

Kenya POV-

Today was Odell's game. I decided not to go. I didn't even tell Brandon about it. Boy if I did, he would make a scene and make me leave my bed.

But I didn't want to. I know the type of guy Odell is and trust me, no matter how much he seemed he changed, he was still the same conceited asshole I met.

And he was just waiting, just waiting to get me weak enough to be like every other groupie that fell at his feet.

I don't care how cute or popular he was, my reputation wasn't worth being tarnished on his behalf. I came to school so that I could be one of the top chemist in the world, not some football groupie looking for a player to take care of her after they got drafted.

I never wanted to lose sight of that. Ever. And I've seen so many smart girls go to college, get wrapped up in some dude that treats them like shit and they have to return home. That would not be me. I had too much riding on my shoulders. My mother one of them. I wanted to make her proud, and to do that I needed to focus on school.

But it was Saturday and I was bored. There was no crime in watching the game right?

I turned on my television and as the devil would have it. This flashed across my screen when I turned to ESPN.

Ignore the blue, imagine it's LSU's colors. And it's a gif made from
A video so don't ask about the cut off, like you petty pattys do. Deal with it heifers.

Oh no

Oh no. We won't be watching this game. I immediately turned off the game. See that was his ploy. Make you take notice with his looks. Reel you in with his charm, then kill you with his fuckboy ways. I refuse to be a victim.

My phone vibrated.

Brandon: You the reason disabled bae playing and he couldn't break you off with a ticket?

Me: I hate football. So I don't care.

Brandon: bitch I hate homework, but I do it because I want a future. So fucking what you hate football. Girl our future on that field.

Me: 🙄

Brandon: want me to cuss his ass out? I'll go to Death Valley right now and cause a scene.

Me: no fool. I'm fine.

Brandon: well I'm not. I never thought I would have to break up with him, but I'm gon have too. Cause his ass is rude

Me: that's not important to me. I'm just glad I'm done with him 🙄

Brandon: well if you need me, I'll be here plotting how we can get us a nice basketball player. You know they slow too, so keep them tutoring services ready

Me: Goodbye 😂😂

Brandon: 😩

I decided to catch up on some studying I needed to do.