Scroll 03

Joy tried opening her eyes but her eyelids were too heavy that she couldn't do it.
Am I dead?

With all her might, she tried again. She slowly opened her eyes, taking her surrounding in slowly. A small room painted in white, shelves stacked with full of books in a corner and all the door and windows were made out of Hanji, Korean paper.
Is this afterlife? But how come it looked like the room in those period dramas?

She heard footsteps and suddenly a female's voice spoked to her.
"Agassi, you have finally woken up. Are you okay?"

Joy got up from the thin mattress she's lying before and stared at the lady blankly. "Who are you?" 
Why is she talking to me as if she knows me?

Something is not right and yet Joy has no idea what went wrong.

"This can't be the aftereffect, right? Have you forgotten who I am?" The lady asked, with a look of concern. Joy stared back at her as if she is speaking alien-language.
"I am Little Choi, remember?" The lady tried again, starting to get anxious.

"Little Choi?" Joy repeated.

She looked at her from head to toe again. Still, she is very sure that she had never seen her before. Her head started to ache again. It was so painful that she felt like it's going to burst. Joy quickly raised both her hands and held her head, as if that action would stop her head from aching.

"Who...who am I? And what happened?" She finally managed to say out.

"This can't be happening." The lady looked at her with worried big eyes. She took a few deep breaths to calm herself down before looking at Joy again. "Agassi, your name is Min Inhyeon. And when we found you in the pond behind the house, you have already lost consciousness."

Of course, she knew that she is acting as Min Inhyeon but being found in the pond? She recalled nothing of it. From what she remembered, she was acting in the set. Right, I was acting in the set! 

This must be all the acting from the script and the lady that she just met must be one of the free-lance actresses. Hidden camera. Yes, this must be it.

Joy recalled how Manager Hwang had repeatedly convinced her to join a variety show, but she had always rejected that idea. Reflecting on her attitude to Manager Hwang, Joy realised that recently she had annoyed Manager Hwang too much, so maybe this is her manager's idea of getting revenge -- by accepting one of the offer to be on variety show behind her back. She smiled as she finally understood the situation.

"Okay, I know all this is a hidden camera but we should stop because my head is really aching." Joy said to the lady. The lady stared at her, cluelessly.

"I know this is a hidden camera." Joy repeated, wondering if she needs to say some magic-word to stop this. She got up and wandered around the room to look around for cameras. Do I need to wave at one of the cameras and shout 'Got ya'? 

But no matter how hard she tried, there is no camera in sight. Joy turned back and looked at the lady. "Are you suppose to give some hint?"

The lady continued to look at her blankly. 

"Is this not a hidden camera?" Joy asked with one of her eyebrows raised. The lady stared at her, slowly shaking her head as though Joy is the one speaking alien-language.

"Which agency are you from?" Joy asked.
"Agency? What's that?"

Joy looked at her blanked face. This is killing her. She can't believe what just happened. It's as if she is the one being ridiculous, not this whole situation. Joy quickly proceed to find her phone, only to remember that she had left it under the safe care of Manager Hwang. Urgh, Manager Hwang! Is this your idea of getting revenge?