Scroll 57

"I'm so glad you are here, Little Choi." Joy glanced up to see Little Choi entering the room. She sat up straight on her Korean futon. Earlier on, Ahn sang-gung had announced Little Choi's arrival, to which Joy quickly allowed her in without a second thought. 

Little Choi gave Joy a quick bow as a form of respect before settling down opposite her. 

"Are there any complains from any departments?" Joy asked. Ever since the King found out about her pregnancy, he had forbidden her from doing any of her court duties. Because of that, she had no choice but to rely on Little Choi to fulfil her royal duties temporarily. But of course, any major changes regarding the internal court are still subjected to her approval. 

"No, Agassi. All is good." Little Choi replied. "Forgive me for not visiting you earlier." 

Joy gave Little Choi a faint smile and a little shook of her head.

"Where's His Majesty?" Little Choi asked while scanning the room, knowing that the King is always within one-metre around Joy ever since he learnt about her pregnancy. 

"Don't even talk about it. You don't know how hard it was every time to convince him to leave and attend to all his court duties." Joy chuckled. Little Choi laughed softly, feeling happy to see the blissful look of Joy when she talks about the King.

"To be honest, everything still felt so surreal." Joy said. "This thing about being pregnant."

 Little Choi smiled as she looked at Joy. For some reason, she felt as though she has watched her daughter grew up. Joy had matured and been through so much since the first time she saw her. From that immature young lady who always tries to escape from the four walls whenever she could, to now a mature ruler who makes major decisions and can govern the entire internal palace. Without both of them realising, so much time has passed.

"Aren't you happy about it?"
Joy kept her silence for a second and did not reply immediately. Little Choi watched Joy's complex expression. 

"It's not that I'm not happy about it..." Joy lowered her gaze and stared at a particular spot on the wooden table that separates Little Choi and her. "In fact, I am actually glad to be able to have his child. But..." her voice trailed off. She raised her head and her eyes landed on Little Choi. "Little Choi, remember the first day we met and I told you that I'm from the future?" 

Little Choi nodded. How could she ever forget that day? To be honest, she had the shock of her life that day.

"Being from the future also means that I know what's going to happen here. Though not all the little details, at least I knew all the major events." Joy continued. Little Choi nodded again. She knew all this but is still clueless at what Joy is trying to say. 

Joy looked into the eyes of Little Choi with a serious expression. For a second, whatever she wants to say is stuck in her throat. "I'm not supposed to be pregnant with his child." Her heart beats fast as she hears herself say it out loud. 

"Min Inhyeon does not bear any of King Sukjong's child." 

Little Choi stares at Joy. Her hands played with itself on top of her chima. She totally did not expect to hear this from Joy. Now that she did, she had no idea how to respond. If Joy is not supposed to bear the King's child, then where did this child came from? 

"Maybe you are changing your history?"

"If that's what I'm doing, I'm afraid of the consequences it might cause." Joy replied and spent the next few minutes in silence with Little Choi.

"His Majesty is here!" An attendant outside the room announced. The doors opened wide and the King walked in. He looked a little surprised when he saw Little Choi.