Scroll 64

"Joy." Someone called her real name for the first time in a while. It's been so long since she had heard this name comes out of other's mouth.

Who is it? Who's calling me? She forcefully opened her eyes, but quickly closes it when her eyes refuse to adjust to the lights. The white light is too bright! Slowly, she tries again until it is fully opened. Lying on the bed, the first thing she sees is the white ceiling. The next thing she heard is the beeping sound from some machine. After that, she felt someone's hand touching her's. 

"How are you feeling now?" The voice asked. Joy immediately froze. All her senses immediately started working. Hold on a second, she knew that voice very well. Carefully, she turned her head to where the voice came from. It's Manager Hwang!

"Manager Hwang!" She exclaimed and grabbed her manager's arm. She looked elated and relieved at the same time. 

Her manager was startled by Joy's sudden action. She looked at Joy in disgust, while quietly surprised by her over-passionate behaviour. "Stop scaring me. I still want to live longer." She said. Still, she is glad that Joy is awake.

Joy smiled brightly. Her manager absolutely had no idea how much she misses her. After years of not seeing her, Joy still cannot believe that Manager Hwang is moving before her eyes. She quietly watches her every movement as though she is being possessed. Raising her eyebrow, Manager Hwang waves her hand in front of Joy's face to test his reaction. She starts waving at a slow speed, before increasing its speed. 

"Stop, you are making me dizzy." Joy said, but still smiling as though she is smitten. 

Manager Hwang looked surprised for a second before she silently let out a sigh of relieve. "For god's sake, can you please stop passing out? You had us all worried. This is already the second time this year since you fainted in public." 

Joy tried to get up. Manager Hwang saw and quickly pressed a button to adjust her bed. Joy looked around her surroundings and immediately recognized that it's a private hospital room. The room was large and she is the only one using it. She looked at all the modern furnishings and the high-tech equipment by her bed. Looking at everything, she couldn't believe her eyes. She's back!

"You are lucky that we have finished filming the drama. At least now, we can afford to take some time to rest before you take on the next project." Manager Hwang said as she poured a cup of water. She turned and passed it to Joy. 

Joy gripped the cup. "Finished filming a drama? Film what drama?"

"Did you hit your head when you fainted?" Manager Hwang stared at Joy as she looked lost. Still, she kindly explained. "The historical blockbuster drama, silly. We finished filming the drama a few months ago, and the first few episodes had already been aired."

"The historical drama which I take on because I was angry with my mother?" Joy asked. 

"Yes, that's the one." Manager Hwang nodded, clearly annoyed. "But anyway, you did well in insisting to take that drama. The ratings of the few episodes that had aired were quite high, and you received a lot of praises. Even the director was impressed by your acting. He was amazed by your traditional accent and even said that you really behaved like a real Joseon person." She continued as Joy continued to look lost. "Seems like all your effort and hard work had paid off."

 "I acted in that drama?" Joy looked bewildered. "But..." The last thing she remembered, she had time-travelled back to the Joseon period and had spent many years there. There's no way she had an act in this historical blockbuster that Manager Hwang is talking about.