Scroll 50

"Heo Jeok." The Head of Guards called. 

Prime Minister Heo looked up drowsily. Without enjoying the treatment that he used to have, he looked as though as he had aged half a decade within this short period spent in the prison. 

The Head of Guards approached the lock and opened it. "Come out." he said.

As if he had resigned to fate, Prime Minister Heo obeyed and walked out of the prison. The Head of Guards signalled to follow him out, which Prime Minister Heo did. As they walked out, every other prisoner lingered around their gate. Their eyes filled with curiosity. 

"What's going on?" Minister Kim asked when the Head of Guards and the Prime Minister walked past his prison. 

"If you don't want to get hanged too," The Head of Guards eyed Minister Kim. "Mind your own business." 

Minister Kim looked back at him stunted. 

"Don't worry, you will be next." The Head of Guards added before moving on. Minister Kim turned and look at their back view, completely speechless. His face turned pale. 

After a long stay in the palace, only death awaits him? No, he cannot accept this. He cannot.

"I DEMAND TO MEET LADY JANG NOW!" Minister Kim shouted. He banged on the prison gate with his fists desperately. "I NEED TO SEE HER. LET ME SEE HER!" 

Only Lady Jang can save his life now. She will save his life. No, she must save his life! 

Or so he thought. 

"Your Highness," Park sang-gung slid open the door to enter the room. " A message has been relayed to you, saying that Minister Kim wants to see you." 

Park sang-gung patiently waited for Minkyung's reply. She looked at Minkyung enjoying her cup of tea. The whole room looked like it had gone through a war. Everything was smashed and broken into pieces, and yet Minkyung enjoyed her tea elegantly in the middle of the room as though the room was not in a terrible mess. 

"Minister Kim?" Minkyung scoffed while lowering her cup after taking a sip of the hot flower tea. "What's the point of meeting him when he cannot save me?"

"I heard he is going to get hanged soon." Park sang-gung said. "Today is also the day Prime Minister Heo will get hanged."

Minkyung held her cup of tea, feeling the warm radiated. She laughed softly before slowly raising the volume. In no time, her laughter echoed the entire quarters. "They are abandoning me?"

"So now he is going to beg me to save him?" Minkyung continued laughing. "I expected him to save me, not the other way round." she stopped laughing and looked up at her head attendant with a cold expression. "Ask him to accept his fate."

"Then should I relay back a message saying that Your Highness is busy and cannot see him?"

Minkyung eyed her head attendant. "Do I really have to spell out everything for you, including how to reject such a simple thing?"

"No, Your Highness." Park sang-gung replied immediately. "I shall head to the prison now and relay the message." she quickly excused herself and made her way to the prison.