Scroll 17

"Lately, the young and foolish King has been spending a lot of time with the Queen." Minister Seo said. 

"This is not a good thing for us." Minister Kim replied. "If this goes on, the fool might gain the full court and kick us out." He turned to eye Minkyung. "If only you didn't get yourself kicked out of the palace, you might have gotten some progress in becoming a concubine by now."

Instantly, all eyes are on Minkyung. Though Prime Minister Heo did not show, Minkyung knew that he is very disappointed in her. She glanced at him and vowed to prove to him that she is still useful. 

"Don't worry, I will get back to the palace again." she looked at Prime Minister Heo specifically with determined eyes. "Leave this to me. I will settle it well."

**********

"Horse-riding? Have you tried it before?" Little Choi asked.

"Nope." Joy replied as she walked towards the huge grass field locating at the back of the palace. Even in those period dramas that she acted in, she had never had any scene with horses before. 

As usual, her trail of attendants followed closely behind. 

"You have never ridden on a horse before and yet you want to compete in horse-riding?" Little Choi continued to question, yet still not forgetting to walk a step behind Joy. After all, they are the Queen-and-her-servant. How can a servant walk right next to her mistress?

"Why don't you tell His Majesty? Maybe he will go easy on you?" 

"Then doesn't that make me lose to him?" Joy said as she looked at the back view of the King.
They have arrived at the grass field but the King has not seen them yet since he is back-facing them. Standing beside him were two brown horses. Taking a deep breath, Joy made the first move and walked towards the King.

"I was still thinking if you would run away." The King turned the moment he heard her coming and teased her.

"Why would I?" Joy replied and looked up at the King. 

Suddenly, she realized that he is not in his usual garb. No wonder she felt him looking so weird before. Instead of his usual dragon robe, he had donned a more comfortable navy blue clothing that is more suitable for horse-riding. His embroidery belt and sleeves made him looked elegant but yet at the same time, the outfit showed his masculinity. Joy had to admit, he looked better in this outfit than the dragon robe. She had also noticed that he looked good in navy blue.

Wait, navy blue. That's the colour of her outfit as well! 

Joy turned and peeked at all the attendant's faces. The expression on Eunuch Kim's face told her that they have all noticed and realized it. They must have misunderstood that they are wearing a couple-outfit on purpose! Tearing her eyes away from them, she turned to look at the King and breathed a sigh of relief. He must not have noticed yet. That's good.

But little did she knew that someone has long noticed it-- right from the moment he saw her. He smiled to himself as he saw how Joy cutely looked around before trying to hide in embarrassment. That fearless and bold girl is actually feeling embarrassed!