Scroll 14

"Wha-What are you doing here?"

Joy maintained her silence and stood rooted to the ground. She doesn't like the feeling inside her--the feeling of a mouse getting caught eating cheese. That person stood before her, just a few centimetres away from her. Joy's eyes darted around the person but not at his eyes, while he waited for her to answer his question. But she didn't.

Meanwhile, Little Choi quickly dropped to her knee the moment she recognized who he is. Though, it's his outfit that she recognized. "Your Majesty, I have committed a crime. Please pass a death penalty to me." said Little Choi desperately.

**********

Far away from the palace, inside an abandoned hanok showed signs of life. Loud laughter could be heard. "The puppet King is still partying all day in the arms of women?" Minister Kim said in between his laugh. "When is he going to learn?"

"It would be best if he doesn't learn at all," Prince Dongpyeong said with a sly smile and drink his liquor. "Only then, will the power and influence be fully ours."

Prime Minister Heo's mouth creaked into a smile while Minister Seo poured himself another cup of liquor. 

"Master, the Lady is here." One of the bodyguards stationed outside announced. Upon receiving Prime Minister Heo's approval, he opened the door and allow Minkyung into the room. Minkyung greeted each minister and settled herself down.

"A woman. Finally, a woman is joining us." Prime Minister Heo laughed. "I'm starting to get bored just meeting these guys." 

Minkyung gulped down her fears and tried to act cool. "Prime Minister, from my stay in the palace, I have noticed that the King--"

"We know, we know. He is partying all day, we don't have to worry about him." Minister Kim interrupted Minkyung. "For now, just continue to do your job and get the King to make you a concubine." 

"Yes, Minister Kim..." Minkyung replied.

At the side, Prime Minister Heo watches their exchange in silence. Taking note of Minkyung's expression and her body language, he drank his liquor and placed his cup down. "Who are you to give orders to her?" He direct his words at Minister Kim.

"Eh?" Minister Kim looked surprised but quickly recollected himself and apologized.

"This girl here, she is the next Queen. We will need her to gain the full court to ourselves." Prime Minister Heo said. 

"Of course, of course." Minister Kim is quick to give his agreement to Prime Minister Heo's words. Minkyung maintained her silence as she stared at the floor, afraid of looking at any of the ministers. 

After listening to Prime Minister lecturing Minister Kim, the rest of the ministers dare not speak another word. There is a long awkward pause before Prime Minister Heo broke the silence. "This can't do," He said. "I can still smell your fear. You are still uncertain and afraid, aren't you?"

Prince Dongpyeong looked at Minkyung silently as Minkyung opens her mouth to say something, but no words came out. Prime Minister Heo is right. She is still the little Minkyung who is afraid of being on anybody's bad side.

"All the traitors are in the other room, right?" Prime Minister Heo asked. The other ministers immediately nodded in response. He then stood up and move himself to Minkyung.

"Let's train you and take away those fears, shall we?" He said in a whisper-like voice as Minkyung felt pressure on her shoulders. Prime Minister Heo is standing behind her, with both his hands pressed on her shoulders.