Scroll 46

Joy stepped out from her quarters and immediately noticed Little Choi standing outside.

Little Choi turned just in time and noticed Joy walking out of her quarters. Fearing that she will be disturbing Joy, Little Choi decided to wait for Joy patiently outside without informing her arrival to Joy. She smiled at Joy as she watches Joy walk towards her.

Puzzled, Joy looked at Eunmin as she approaches Little Choi. Eunmin shrugged to signal that she had no idea why Little Choi is outside either. She had not received any news about Little Choi waiting outside at all.

Joy quickens her pace and walked up to Little Choi. When she approached, Little Choi and her attendants bowed to greet Joy. Joy immediately gave them permission to be at ease.

"What brings you here, Little Choi?" she asked.

"Agassi, may I get you to follow me somewhere? There's a place I would like to bring you." Little Choi responded. Her voice was as gentle and calm as usual.

Though confused, Joy nodded. Little Choi leads the way and she followed.

They walked side by side with their long line of attendants behind as Little Choi walked them to the back of the palace. They walked past many buildings and past through many corridors. They passed through many small doors and entered a secret garden hidden at the back of the palace.

"Where are we going? Why is it so hidden?" Joy finally asked, curiosity is threatening to kill her.

Joy looked around her surroundings. Though she had stayed in the palace for a long time, she never knew such a place existed.

"You will know when we reach." replied Little Choi, creating suspense. She continues to lead them further into the large secret garden in silence. Suddenly, she stopped. Joy and all the other attendants stopped abruptly.

Little Choi turned to face all the attendants. "Can all of you stay here for a while? I hope that we could have some time alone." she said politely to the attendants.

Both Han sang-gung and Eunmin nodded at the same time. They lead the attendants to a small distance away, creating enough personal space for their masters.

"Let's go." Little Choi said to Joy. She held onto Joy by her arm and lead her further in.

Joy looked even more confused now. What's we all the secrecy that even their attendants are not allowed to be present at the scene?

They approached a large open space and Joy noticed a tomb.

Why's there a tomb here? Since when? Joy thought to herself.

As she approached, she makes out the words that are on a wooden plate. Joy immediately turned towards Little Choi as they stop in front of the tomb.

Little Choi nodded. "Here lies Minister Min." she said while she remained facing the tomb.

Joy turned to face the tomb. She re-read the words on the wooden plate over and over again. Her tears fall quietly as she does so.

"How?" Joy asked softly in between her sniffles.

Little Choi quietly turned to look at Joy. She knew there's so much more that Joy wanted to ask, but her strings of words choked in her throat. In the end, only a word managed to escape.

She looked at Joy with a sorrow expression.

"The King and I secretly got Minister Min's body back to the palace and buries him here without Prime Minister Heo knowing. We barely managed to get the body back before Prime Minister Heo got his hands on it."