Scroll 06

"Your Majesty, the Queen Dowager is here to look for you."

"Send her back if she is here to discuss another marriage." The King glanced up, before returning back to read his petitions.

"I knew you would say this." A voice of a lady suddenly appeared.

The King looked up to see the Queen Dowager budging in, without his permission, and took a seat. He sighed and put away his petitions to the side of the table before dismissing his faithful servant, Eunuch Kim.

"Mother, say no further. I do not wish to discuss this anymore." He joined his mother at the table, taking a seat opposite her.

"How could you have that mindset, my precious child? This matter not only concerns you, but it also concerns the whole nation as well." The Queen Dowager reprimanded, yet with a calm voice. This voice used to be what scares him the most when he was a child. The voice may come out as calm and soothing as it is, but it holds a different story behind it and most importantly, it carried fear in some ways of its own.

"It's my happiness we are talking about, aren't we? And forcing it won't bring any happiness." The King tried his best to persuade his mother.

He is not the child that he used to be anymore. He has grown to the age where he has the right to make his own decision. And now, he does not wish to let another woman suffer, just like how his previous wife --or should he say, previous Queen, since he never really did regard her as his wife-- did.

Anyway, the point is, he does not wish to guarantee for something he couldn't give and that includes his love. Frankly speaking, he just wants to fall in love like the commoners and marry the only woman that he would love for his entire life. If he could, he would only like to have just a wife, not an entire harem. Sadly, this does not work for him. No matter what he thinks or says, he can never go against his Royal Mother regarding the internal court matters. Perhaps, he might not even be able to find that one single woman of his life at all...

"We have started choosing out some ladies for you and would be holding an event to pick out the most favourable and suitable lady soon. So, prepare yourself." Queen Dowager feigned ignorance of the message that her son has been trying to send across to her.

"Royal Mother, there are things that you can't force your way through."

Queen Dowager stood up immediately and her expression told the King that he should not continue any further. "We are doing this not solely for you but for the nation as well. Remember this, son." She said before walking out of the quarters.

Once outside the quarters, Queen Dowager instructed Eunuch Kim.
"By hook or by crook, get the King to be present at the event when the time comes."

**********

Little Choi announced her arrival and walked into Joy's room. Joy noticed her carrying a woven basket. "What's in there?" She can't help let curiosity overwhelmed her.

Little Choi settled the basket down on her table before taking out one plate after another, which consists of different food, and placed them neatly on the table. After she's done, she looked at Joy. A sparkle in her eye caught Joy's attention and she knew Little Choi is up to something.

"Today, we will start our training on your court etiquette. First, let's start off with eating the food in a proper manner."