Scroll 53 ⚠️

⚠️ WARNING: SOME PARTS OF THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SEXUAL LANGUAGE AND CONTENT. IT MAY ALSO CONTAIN DEPICTION OF SUICIDE. IF YOU ARE FEELING SUICIDAL, PLEASE REMEMBER THAT HELP IS AVAILABLE.

Eunmin looked at Joy staring into blank space. 

At first, she guessed that Joy is probably thinking about some serious matters and is in deep thoughts hence she believed that it is best not to interrupt Joy. She fears that if she did, she will cause Joy to lost her train of thoughts. And so, Eunmin patiently waited with the rest of the attendants quietly.

However, one minute pass, two minutes and then three... Eunmin peeped at Joy and sees her eyes glistening with tears. She started to panic. "Agassi." she called. When she received no reply, Eunmin walked to the front of Joy and called her again. 

Joy stares back at Eunmin, desperately blinking her tears back. When the tears started disappearing and everything became clear, she realised that it is Eunmin that is standing before her. Not Manager Hwang.

Joy looked into Eunmin's eyes for a minute before turning back and see her other attendants. She examined them, seeing them still dressed in the palace attendant's attire. She looked down at herself and noticed that she is still donning the Queen's outfit. Joy looked around her surrounding like a lost child. Finally, she made a conclusion that she is still in Joseon. 

She is still the Queen. She is not Joy Park Sooyoung, but Queen Min Inhyeon.

"Are you alright, Agassi?" Eunmin asked with a face filled with a worried expression. 

Joy breathes in deeply before letting it out slowly. She nodded. "Must be the weather. It's making me sentimental." What's wrong with me? Dreaming in broad daylight? 

Eunmin continues to look at Joy worriedly. She carefully analysed the details of Joy's expression.

"Let's go." Joy faintly smiled to show Eunmin that she is really okay. 

As Eunmin debated to herself if she should ask after Joy any further, Joy resumes her walking. She brushed away every thoughts and scene that she had imagined earlier, bury her complicated feelings and continued her path back to her quarters.

 After long years of staying in the palace, Joy could somehow recognise the different way back to her own quarters. Wanting to enjoy the walk longer, and partly because she does not want to keep staying in the suffocating small room, Joy decided to take a longer route back. She intends to stroll down the path next to the lake, walked across the small bridge in between the lake before heading back to her own quarters. 

She loves the scenery she sees when she stood in the middle of the bridge. The beautiful scenery there is astonishing. After long years of staying within the palace, that place is quick to become her favourite spot. And since she had no other royal duties that day, she has the luxury of doing all the things she wants.

"Are you really alright?" Eunmin asked for the hundredth time as they take a stroll down the flowery path next to the lake. 

Joy had replied 'Yes' since the very beginning but Eunmin doesn't seem willing to take that as an answer. So, instead of replying Eunmin the same reply again, Joy looked up and admired the green leaves as they walked under the shades of the trees. The trees covered with beautiful green leaves lined the path beside the lake, providing shades everywhere. Occasionally, as they walked, sunlight peeked through the small openings. Coupled with the cool breeze once in a while, this place is wonderful to stay.

"Agassi?"

"Yes, I am alright so stop worrying." Joy finally gave in to Eunmin's nagging. "You do realise that you are becoming more like Little Choi? She used to nag a lot as you do."