Scroll 56

Every attendant under Joy and Little Choi followed behind them carefully. With their heads lowered, they matched the pace of the two royalties in front. Little Choi stood by Joy's side, glancing at her from time to time.

It's been two months since Eunmin had gone missing. Everything goes on as though nothing had happened. At first, the disappearance of Eunmin is always the gossip of the day. Wherever you go in the palace, there bound to have someone talking about it. After all, everyone in the palace knew that Eunmin is the Queen's most favourite attendant. However, as times go, everyone seemed to have forgotten about Eunmin. New gossip topic covers the old, no ones talk about her anymore. Still, Joy doesn't seem to have moved on. 

Little Choi looked ahead at the path that they were walking.

Of course, there's no way she will move on that easily, Little Choi thought. She knew full-well that since the day Eunmin became an attendant under Joy, Joy had already regarded Eunmin as her little sister. There's no way one will forget about their own family member that easily.

Little Choi glanced and noticed Joy's unusually pale face. "You don't look well, Agassi."

"Maybe we should skip the daily checks on every department in the internal palace today?" she suggested. Since this morning, they have been walking around the palace, visiting each and every department that is under the supervision of the Queen. 

Ever since the day Eunmin went missing, Little Choi had been accompanying Joy for the daily checks. She hopes that she will be able to provide both mental and physical support to Joy. Although she knew that Joy wouldn't do anything foolish, Little Choi hopes that she will at least be there for her always.

Joy shook her head and waved her right hand as a gesture of disapproval. "No, we only left two departments. Let's just carry on." Her voice was soft, barely showed any energy. 

Even though her body does feels hot, and she could feel herself breaking cold sweat, Joy chose to endure. There are still commitments that she should commits. 

Little Choi looked at Joy worriedly. To her, Joy is drowning herself in her work so that she can momentarily forget about the pain of losing Eunmin suddenly. Though her reply was soft, Little Choi could hear the determination behind it. Knowing that she can't bring herself to convince Joy any further. She leaned towards Joy closer and they continue walking to their next destination.

Joy slowed down her pace. As she continued walking, she can feel the giddiness overwhelming her. Joy closed her eyes for a second before opening again. She looked far ahead, but everything became blurry. She sees stars in broad daylight. Feeling herself topple to one side, Joy quickly raised her arm and grabbed Little Choi. Her legs gave way and she loses her balance.

Little Choi was startled. She shouted for Joy as she held onto her. With the sudden weight on her, Little Choi slowly lowers herself to the ground with Joy. Anxious, she turned behind and ordered the attendants to quickly get help. 

In a minute, it's chaos. The attendants were surprised but quickly sprang into action. Little Choi helped Joy up with the help of Ahn sang-gung. They quickly brought her back to the Queen's quarters. Luckily for them, they were not far from the Queen's quarters. Slowly, they brought Joy to her sleeping quarters and laid her on the bed gently. Little Choi watched Joy with a look of concern. She could clearly see the tiny beads of sweats on Joy's forehead. Though Joy's eyes were closed, Little Choi can see her uncomfortable expression.

"Quickly get the head royal physician here, Ahn sang-gung."

"Don't worry, Your Highness. I have already instructed an attendant to bring the head royal physician here. He should be here any minute soon."