Scroll 13

"From today onwards, you are assigned to serve Grand Queen Dowager Jangnyeol."

Minkyung nodded. "I will complete my tasks well."

"Good." The eunuch that is ordering her nodded before he lowered his voice into a whisper. "On every Friday night, there will be meeting in...that place."

Minkyung immediately knew where he is referring to, but caught on to the fact that the place should not be named. She nodded slowly to show that she has gotten the message.

"Be careful." The eunuch said softly and walked away.

Minkyung stopped in front of Grand Queen Dowager's quarter and stared at the facade of it. She thought back to the night where she was with Prime Minister Heo in the abandoned hanok.

**********

"Aren't you too pretty and fair?" He whispered as he slowly advanced towards her closely.

Though uncomfortable, Minkyung did not flinch, nor did she budged. Prime Minister Heo noticed and stopped. "You do know that we are alone in this hanok, right? No one will notice even if you scream."

"I am willing to do anything, as long as I am the next Queen," Minkyung replied.

Prime Minister Heo stared at her for a few moments before he laughed out loudly. "Good, good." He moved away from her. "This is just the answer I want."

"You have passed the test." Prime Minister Heo smiled creepily. The moment he said finished the sentence, three men came out from a secret room. They took their seat as Prince Minister Heo introduced them; Minister Kim, Minister Seo and Prince Dongpyeong.

"Prince Dongpyeong? Isn't he the first cousin of the King?" Minkyung asked curiously. She knew well that he has been removed by the King but she never knew he would go against the King. Can he be trusted?

"You are right, but he is one of us so don't worry." Minister Kim replied with slight annoyance. Prime Dongpyeong looked at Minkyung quietly, as if analyzing to see if she could be trusted too, while Minister Kim starts explaining their plan in mind.

"Prince Dongpyeong will recommend you to be the lady-in-waiting to Grand Queen Dowager Jangnyeol. Our plan is to get you into the palace and get the King to notice you. You shall slowly elevate to be the concubine before claiming the position of the Queen. We are getting you to be the Queen first and will support you along the way so in return after you claim the seat, you shall give all the powers to us and the Soron faction."

"But my identity..."

"I am getting to there, aren't I?" Minister Kim retorted but hide his annoyance once he heard a slight cough from Prime Minister Heo. "You will enter with a new identity. You will also be registered under your new name."

Minkyung noticed Minister Seo took out a book and start flipping the pages. She looked at the book which contains all the names that are involved in this plan.

"Jang Ok Jung. That shall be your new name." Minister Kim said as Minister Seo records the name in the book.

**********

This shall be my revenge on you, Inhyeon. You are the one that made me like this so do not blame me. It's all your fault, remember well.  Minkyung thought as she entered the quarters.