Scroll 58

The King slowly makes his way into his Queen's sleeping quarters quietly. 

He walked down the quiet walkway, passed through numerous doors and finally entered to see his Queen's head attendant taking care of her. She had brought in a basin of water, placed it properly on a small stand and was dipping a small towel into the basin by the side of Joy's bed. After that, she squeezed the excess water out and folded the wet towel, ready for the Queen to use.

"Let me do it." The King approached from the back and said. 

Ahn sang-gung was startled to hear the sudden voice of the King. She immediately straightens, bends her body and lowered her head. Obeying the rule of not looking straight at the King, her gaze fixed on the floor as she extended her right arm and passed the wet towel to the King politely. 

"You may dismiss yourself." The King said to her softly, careful not to wake Joy up. 

Ahn sang-gung understood and make her way out quickly. 

When the door closes, the King approached Joy. He watched her sleeps peacefully and sat on the side of her bed quietly. Slowly, he shifted himself and dabbed the wet towel gently on her forehead. The moment the damp towel touched her forehead, Joy opened her eyes. She looked at the King.

"Did I wake you up?" 

Joy shook her head.

"How are you feeling now?"

"Better, I guess?" she replied, but she could clearly feel the weakness of her body. The King put the towel away and gently tucked a strand of Joy's hair behind her left ear. 

"Are there still no news of Eunmin?" Joy asked with her soft voice. It's obvious that her speed of talking had reduced.

"I know that she is someone very close to you, but you should worry about yourself first." The King replied. He glanced into the eyes of Joy and sighed. "Yes, I have yet to receive any news. If there's any, I will surely update you." 

Joy took a slow deep breath and closed her eyes momentarily. After all this time, there is still no news of Eunmin. She is not even sure if Eunmin is dead or alive...They say no news is good news, but Joy would rather hear something than not hearing anything at all.

"Take a rest," The King patted Joy's head gently. "I will be here, just call me whenever you need me." 

Joy nodded and gave him a small, tired smile. The King pulled the blanket and covered her properly. Just as Joy is about to close her eyes and sleep back in, Ahn sang-gung announced Little Choi's arrival from outside. 

The King turned and faced Joy. "You should rest. I will tell her to visit you another time." He stood up.

Joy reached out and grabbed the King. She shook her head. "It's okay. I have rested enough, let her in."

The King watched her expression for a few seconds, nodded and helped Joy sit up. He then faced the door. "Let her in." He said in a loud voice, directing his words at the attendants outside. 

Upon receiving the King's command, the doors opened widely straight-away. Little Choi and Yun walked in. They bowed at the two royalties before regaining their posture.

"I apologise if we bother you resting, Agassi." Little Choi lowered her head. "But Yun insists on coming here to see you upon knowing that you got sick. He is very worried about you."

Yun stole a few glances at the King, who is standing by Joy's bed. Somehow, he felt nervous with the King's presence. 

Knowing that the child is being wary of him, the King cleared his throat awkwardly. "You--I will leave the room to let you all have some privacy." His hand extended unnaturally and pointed at himself then at the door. Little Choi and Joy watched him quietly while Yun stares at the King with his big eyes.