Scroll 32

Prime Minister Heo slammed the table angrily. Because of the strong and sudden slam on the table, the liquid from the cups spilt out.

"How dare he!" Prime Minister Heo shouted. How dare that foolish King humiliated me at the court meeting!

"Please calm yourself down." Minister Seo said to Prime Minister Heo. Minkyung looked at their exchange before she ordered her palace attendant to clean up the mess on the table.

"What is our plan next?" Minkyung asked the angry Prime Minister once the palace attendant had excused herself out.

Minister Kim turned to look at Minkyung, about to snap at her for not observing the situation before she speaks. Can't she see that the Prime Minister is still angry? Doesn't she know when and when not to speak?

But what came as a shock to Minister Kim was that the Prime Minister actually replied back calmly. He looked at Minkyung again. She really has risen in power. To think that the prime minister has treated her so differently.

"Don't worry, we will surely make you the Queen," Prime Minister Heo replied Minkyung. "That child will certainly be the Crown Prince. Just wait and see what I will do." He clenches his fist as he continued cursing the King internally.

"That King will still obey me in the end." Prime Minister Heo added.

Minkyung smiled. "I will certainly repay you for what you did for me." She said.

**********

"Is he here yet?" Joy asked, getting tired of waiting for the King.

Little Choi remains standing near the hidden door as she struggled to listen for any incoming footsteps. "I don't think so, Agassi."

Joy sighed as she nonchalantly played with the dry brush in her hand.
Didn't he say he will be here today?

After they reconciled that day, they have been meeting more frequently. Sometimes she will be in his quarters, other times they will be in her quarters.

Even though Joy is still unsure of what she should do, she decided that she should try and forgive the King. Joy sighed out loud again.
I deserve a Nobel Peace Prize, don't I?

She looked at her brush as though it understood what she is thinking.
People should praise me for being so noble.

"Agassi, I think I could hear some footsteps."

"WHAT?" Joy exclaimed. "Why didn't you say earlier?"

She quickly picked up her mirror and checked herself. After ensuring that her hair and her hanbok is neat, she turned to Little Choi. "How do I look?"

Little Choi held her thumbs up awkwardly. From Joy, she learnt that this is an act of indicating that everything is good. Joy smiled as a knocking sound came from the door.

Little Choi opened the door for the King and greeted him politely. Seeing that the King came alone, she quickly dismissed herself and left the young royal couple alone.

"Have you prepared everything?" The King asked Joy, joining her at her study table.

"Of course, I am your teacher." Joy said, beaming with pride. The King smiled as he gathered a piece of paper and a brush.

Joy turned and looked at the King as he begins writing. "You have improved." She said before she stretched herself to get another piece of paper that is placed across the table.

The King's calligraphy skills showed a great improvement. It used to look like a 5-years-old kid's writing, yet now it can even be compared to a master's. Joy is proud to say that he had surpassed her.