Flying lessons and a surprise

*-* In the canyon (Silentwave's POV) *-*

We entered the canyon and Soundwave retracted his visor. Soon after I retracted mine too. "The mine should be about 3 miles ahead." Soundwave said.

"Why are we so far away from the mine Soundy?"

So you can practice landing and flying. You were a grounder on Cybertron. Lord Megatron said to help you practice so when you go to look for energon mines and Autobots come, you can fly away quickly and land on your peds. Knockout isn't very gentle, if you ask me. "Soundwave said with a smirk. "Megatron said we could stay out here until sunset, so you can get lots of practice. So, let's find the mine and get the miners in and out so we can practice alone." Soundwave said. "Transform and let's fly." He said transforming and hovering next to me.

"Alright," I said transforming and hovering next to Soundwave.

"Let's go,"He said starting to fly off slowly close to the ground.

"Ha, okay Soundwave... Let's fly," I mumbled as I took off through the canyon.

"SILENTWAVE, SLOW DOWN!!!" Soundwave shouted trying to catch up to me. "Alright, let's try this," he said as he flew in front of me and transformed a good ways ahead of me.

"SOUNDWAVE!" I said as I transformed and landed on Soundwave with a thud and we slid in front of the mine. I laughed and sat up, not getting up. "That was awesome! Sorry Soundwave, I had to get out the feeling of going that fast, before we actually started practicing. I won't do it again, I promise......... Soundwave?" I said looking down at Soundwave's pitch black visor. "Soundwave?" I said shaking him a bit. "Soundy, say something."

"get.....off......" He said in a strained voice.

"Sorry," I said getting up. I was sitting on his chest. "Well, at least we're at the mine," I said helping Soundwave up and pointing to the mine.

"Yeah... Okay," He said scanning the area and inside the mine. We walked into the mine and looked at the mountain of solid energon. It was glowing pink. "I'm sending the miners." Soundwave said turning around, comming Starscream, and making a bridge. "Come on, let's go practice..." He said without even a backwards glance to see if I was following. Which I was fortunately.

*-* Outside the energon mine and over the Sparkbond*-*

*Okay. Transform and hover over the ground like this* Soundwave said transforming and hovering next to me. I transformed and hovered like he said to do. *Okay, now raise yourself to here* he said rising a few feet. I did the same. *Good, now transform and land on your peds.* He said after transforming and landing (on his peds.) I hesitated for a second and then transformed, landing on my peds. *Nice. Now rise above my helm and land on your peds* He said. I did and landed on my peds. *Alright, I think that will take care of landing while you're still. Now we move on to flying.* Just then a miner came around the corner.

"Umm, Soundwave... We're ready to transport the energon." Soundwave nodded and made a bridge. They walked in and out of the ground bridge until they said they were done, "That's all of it. Thanks Soundwave." Soundwave nodded in response and waited for him to go through and made the bridge go away. Soundwave retracted his visor and sighed. He had his optics closed and a tired expression. I retracted mine and had a worried expression.

"Soundwave?" I said. He opened his optics and looked at me with that look he has when he is ready to quit. And whenever he has that face that's my que to make him laugh... "Guess what?"

"What?" he said in a quite voice. I pulled up a video on my visor of Ravage as a cybertronian cub trying to jump onto a low ledge that lead to where he slept.

-*-Video-*-

He got a running start, jumped, and went head first into the flat part of the ledge that lead to the top where his berth was. He bounced back and wobbly walked around in a circle and collapsed on the ground with his optics closed. Just then, the youngling version of Soundwave went up and tapped Ravage on the helm. "Ravage?" Youngling Soundwave said with a confused expression. Then a laughing youngling version of Silentwave went up and hopped onto Ravage's back and tried to ride Ravage. She ended up hugging Ravage when he wouldn't move. Just after that, Ravage stood up with wide optics and Silentwave slid off Ravage and onto the floor on her back. Then Soundwave went up and sat on top of Silentwave.

They both laughed hysterically.

-*- End video-*-

Soundwave was laughing while rolling on the ground. I retracted my visor and had a grin on my face. Soundwave eventually stopped laughing as I helped him up. "Feel better?"

"Yeah, thanks. I needed that after all this time of being serious."

"You're welcome. After all, that's what I do." I said smiling proudly.

"Ready to fly and land?"

"Yep," and with that, I continued to practice.

*-* Sunset *-*

We were both laughing and trying to get serious again before we headed back. "Hey Silentwave? Where is Ravage?" Soundwave said. Just then a pod came down in front of us. We covered our faces with our masssive arms and put our visors back on. We went up to it and opened it and sure enough, there was Ravage. We both started laughing and retracted our visors.

"Well, does that answer your question?" I said looking at a laughing Soundwave.

"Yep," Soundwave said. Ravage came out and jumped on Soundwave and me and we landed on the ground. After a short time of telling Ravage about Megatron and the 'cons and other things, Ravage transformed into a cube shape and was put into my chest. "Laserbeak was sure happy."

"You didn't expect that?" I said with a laugh. We retracted our visors and walked through the bridge Soundwave made.

*_*_*_*_*UNTIL NEXT TIME!!!*_*_*_*_*

*edited for correctness ;)