Part 4

Zoe was wandering down the streets in her blue dress and comfortable shoes. There were no guards around the precious princess. She was quite alone.

And she kinda.. Sneaked out.
Kinda.

Zoe walked down the folk's streets in small skips as she tied her hazel hair into a long fishtail braid.
She was truly amazed by the folk's street. The yelling, the laughing, the gambling, the selling.
Everything was better compared to the oh so cold and silent kingdom.

Sometimes she wished she wasn't born a princess. But if so she wouldn't meet her father then.

Zoe sighed as she turned into an alley.
A loud thud sounded and Zoe saw stars as a body collided into hers. When she opened her eyes, she found out that she was sitting on the ground with her hands on her head and another girl sitting before her.

"Im so sorry!"
The other girl exclaimed as she regained herself and reached to check on Zoe.

"It's okay."
Zoe muttered as she took her hand to stand up. It was when she saw the other girl's face that she somehow froze.

The girl, had sharp jawlines and pale skin. So beautiful and elegant.
And so... Much resemblance to the man she was searching for her father.

It couldn't be. Could it?

But Sehun wasn't even in town. He must be overseas that they couldn't even find him.

The other girl seemed to apologise and was turning to leave but Zoe caught her in the arm. The girl's eyes widen as she looked back at Zoe.

"Sorry but can I ask you something?"
Zoe said , raising her eyebrows.

The girl nodded, and Zoe let go of her arm.
"Is your father.. perhaps, named Oh Sehun?"

The girl's eyes widen more as she frantically shook her head.
"No. You got the wrong person. My father is Sekyung and I've never heard of a Sehun."

She turned to leave but Zoe blocked her way.
"You're lying pumpkin."

The girl was breathing hard. Too much evidence shown that the girl was indeed lying. But Zoe couldn't quite understand why was there a need to lie. Were they afraid that Luhan would plot revenge or something against Sehun?

"I really don't know.."
The girl whispered.

Zoe took a deep breath and grabbed her by the shoulders, shaking it gently as she pleaded.
"Please. Please tell the truth. I need it."

The girl paused as she whispered.
"Is your relative someone from the past?"
Somehow Zoe could feel that she did not want Zoe to hear it. But she did.

"From the past? What do you mean?"

The girl dropped to her knees and sobbed.
"Please let us go. My father had been through too much. We were living happily until recently so much people was coming to ask about his past."

Zoe kneeled with her as her gaze softened.
"So ..your father is indeed Sehun. Can you tell me more about his past? You can trust me. I won't do anything to harm your father. I just seek for the truth."
She used her most convincing tone.

The girl seemed to relax a bit. She seemed like the one to be weaker in mind. That's why she was willing to tell after a little push.
"We been through a fire accident, where my mother died. My father lose his memories in the incident. But there had been bad memories resurfacing, making him suffer. So we changed his name and lived a new life. He himself did not want to know his past anymore and we didn't want to pry either."

She took another deep breath.
"We were happy now. So please stop bothering. My father could not take too much shock."

Zoe stayed frozen.
Now what? Should they stop searching after so long?

"That's so selfish. It doesn't mean my father had to take all the suffering himself while Sehun live a happy ever after quiet life!"
Zoe burst out, before covering up her mouth like she said something wrong.

"What?"
The girl asked.

"Nothing. I.. Thanks for the information."
Zoe muttered before rushing back to the palace, eager to tell her brother about all the information. Or maybe to Luhan, so that he could decide.

***

A slam of the door notified Jace that someone had barged into his room.
And that someone would be no other than his little sister, Zoe.
He sighed as he turned to face her.

"How many times have I told you to knock-"

"I found Sehun."
Zoe said as she stood proudly in front of Jace.

Jace raised an eyebrow as he studied his sister. Was she joking?
"Don't try to be funny."

"Im not! His name now is Sekyung."
As she watched his brother's face changed, she somehow guessed.
"You knew that didn't you?"

"I guessed."
Jace said as he pursed his lips. He gestured towards the chair on his opposite front and Zoe took it.

"Well, Im sure. I bumped into his daughter today in the folk's street and she told me after a little push."
Zoe said as she admired her own nails.

"His daughter? How do you even know it's his daughter? "

"Duh. They look so much alike so I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask."

Jace did not say anything as he quietly thought.
"What else?"
He then whispered.

**

After Zoe told him all about what the girl said, he was in great frustration.

One thing he knew was that Sehun may not want to see Luhan. Because it may trigger something inside him and he might not take it.

Second was he was somehow worried that if he told Luhan, he would be mad at them and would refuse to interfere with Sehun's life to make it worse.

By then, their hard work would just go to waste.

Jace couldn't even think straight now that there was so many things cramped inside his little head.

His 20 is coming up. His marriage is coming up. His coming of age is coming up.

It's a great deal to grow up in a kingdom.

**

My Romeo | HunHanजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें