Part 5

Are you liking it so far?
****
"What? My kids were searching for ..who?"
Luhan stared in disbelief at John, his assistant as he spun around from his chair.
His glasses slipped a bit from his nose but he was too distracted to even push it back up.

"Sehun.... your highness."
John muttered, but not too soft to the king, looking down at the ground.

Luhan felt his heart stopped as he heard the name tumbled out of John's lips. His kids. Teenagers.
Trying to search for someone who most probably could not be found, and certainly did not want to be found?

"How...do you even know this?"
Luhan spoke, tapping his fingers on his chair nervously.

"Their assistants. I heard it from them."

"They can't possibly... Did they find anything?"
Luhan raised an eyebrow. No matter how hard he tried to resist to ask, but the question rushed out before he had the chance to stop.

John nodded as he spoke.
"I dug deeper as I knew your majesty would wish to know."

Luhan pursed his lips at the thought.
"Well what you did was not entirely right....but do carry on."

"Prince Jace seemed to find out Sehun's whereabouts. It seemed like he had changed his name and lived a new life. According to Princess Zoe's information instead, they went through a fire incident before, wife died there and Sehun apparently lost his memories. But he recently gained some memories, but.. only bad ones so they changed his name so he wouldn't suffer more from the past."
John spoke in one breath, not even breathless as he finished his sentence.

Luhan's brain begun to make sense of all this information as he propped his hands under his chin.
Sehun.
It hurt to even think of his name.

Why now? Why appear now?
Luhan furrowed his eyebrows and resisted the urge to throw something.

"So.. only bad memories about me."
Luhan whispered.

"Im afraid it's true, your highness."
John spoke carefully, trying not to make Luhan feel even worse.

That made Luhan sighed as he turned his chair back to his table.
"Thanks. You may leave now. I need some thinking..."

"Certainly your greatness."
John spoke as he moved to exit the room, but Luhan's voice sounded once more.

"Can you....perhaps leave his address on the table near the door?"
It sounded hesitant as Luhan spoke, trying not to make his voice crack.

"Ofcourse but.. you're not thinking of visiting him are you? I don't think it's a good-"

"I know."
Luhan merely spoke, making John shut his mouth as he scribbled the notepad and placed it on the table.

Before exiting, he took one more worrying glance at Luhan, sighing and somehow wishing that no more suffering would come to their beloved once prince and now king.

***

Luhan kinda regretted for what he was doing now but it was already too late.
He sighed as he leaned against the wall.

Luhan was wearing normal clothes.
Goddamnit. A king. Dressed like that.
Not for royal purposes but to sneak a look on someone private.

He resisted the urge to slam his own head to the wall as he scrunched his eyebrows together and let out a quiet frustrated moan.

A noise indicating the door was opened caught Luhan's attention. He slowly wriggled himself to the edge of the wall and peeped into the garden.

The sight of a beautiful man caught Luhan's voice in his throat. And somehow Luhan felt like crying. His long lost love, standing by the door of his house in the centre of the garden, watering the plants at the edge of his balcony.

Sehun.
Damnit.

Luhan felt his heart racing in his chest. He regretted for coming. He should have listened to John. It's a ridiculous thought.
But he really missed him too much it hurt. And knowing the fact that he was right there but not being able to see him just made him go crazy.

And so he raced out of his castle without a second thought, fearing he might regret the second he stepped out.

And he do. Very much.
What's the fucking point anyway?
What's the use of being able to just see and not touch?

Luhan's heart hurt so much. His heart seemed to skip a beat everytime Sehun wiped his sweat or when he sighed.
That movement. No, every movement seemed to familiar. So endearing.

Oh how much Luhan wanted to rushed forward and throw himself into his embrace, to touch him, to kiss him, to be mad at him for leaving.

Luhan was awed by how similar he looked with the Sehun in the past. Only the hair seemed longer, his eyes seemed twinkler. No doubt only Luhan could tell that it was Sehun and not Sekyung in just one look.

Luhan felt cold tingled on his cheeks and he felt tears when he touched it.
Oh how stupid Im crying again without knowing.

Luhan wiped it with the back of his hand and sniffed.
He quickly slammed his back back to the wall when he saw Sehun jolted his head to his direction at the sound.
Luhan held his breath. As his eyes widen.

But he waited for a long time and nothing happened so he slowly nudged his head back out, only to see Sehun continuing with his job and finally stepping back into the house, slamming the door shut in the way.

Luhan sighed in relief but he had this weird feeling in the deep of his chest.
He was relieved that he wasn't caught but somehow he hoped that Sehun would see him and... confront him?

Luhan shook his head miserably as he adjusted his clothes, walking away from the garden, towards the direction of the outside of the road where he parked his car.

He doesn't remember you, dumbass.
He only remembered you as a villain remember?
It's useless for you to go meet him.
He'll probably have a heart attack and it's gonna be your fault.

So leave him alone if you really loved him.
You lived so many years without him.
You could continue that.

Luhan nodded his head as he heard his brain spoke.
"Okay."
He whispered as he placed his head on the steering wheel, sobbing silently.
It was peaceful and kinda private whenever he strolled alone.
At least now, he could cry without anyone judging him.

He's still so handsome, paboya , look at yourself.
Luhan let out another heartbreaking sob as his hand clutched to the front of his shirt.

Just above his heart.