Part 6

***

"John. I....."
Luhan muttered one day as he turned his chair around and took off his glasses, struggling to get his word out.

"You visited Sehun didn't you, your highness."
John gave a reassuring smile as Luhan seemed to widen his eyes at the statement.

"How did you know?"
Luhan raised an eyebrow and squinted his eyes as he thought.
Am I not good enough?

"Your highness, your face tells it all. And your erm sneaking out wasn't apparently as good as Mr Sehun, am sorry to say."
John held in a big smile as he spoke every words carefully.

Well, damnit.

Luhan chuckled awkwardly as he clenched his hands into fists then letting them go again, relaxing them.
"Uh oh yeah."
He managed to say.

"What have you discovered then Luhan?"
John asked. He often only referred to Luhan's name as he ordered when he was trying to approach him as a friend.

Luhan looked down as memories flooded back in a shock.
"He... He's still the same, John. So handsome and charming. So...peaceful."

"So are you going to confront him or not?"

Luhan pursed his lips at the mere thought.
"I.... Not yet I think. I don't even know if I will."
He grabbed at his hair in frustration.

"Have your time then your highness. By the way isn't Jace's 20 coming up? His marriage.."

"I will still have a come of age party for him. But he would have to marry the one that he loves."
Luhan said as his gaze hardened.

"I will be sure of it."
He whispered.

***

Jace was strolling out. Trying to get his mind off things and also to finish the project his father gave him.

It was mentally eating him. All this truth and manipulation. He wasn't sure how to tell his father. And if so what to do?

It's not my business. At least I shouldn't worry too much.

A crowd was forming in the circle centre of the town and Jace stretched his head to have a better look. Music was sounded and Jace unconsciously hurried forward.

It was of a sound of an instrument he wasn't very familiar of. But the instrument sounded so beautiful that just listening to it was pure ecstasy.
Jace pushed himself forward and finally he caught a glimpse of the owner of the sound.

He froze as he saw the person.
It was Sekyung. Or Sehun.

He was playing a black skinny instrument with full enjoyment.
At the sight of Jace having his mouth wide open and eyes about to pop out, a kind villager spoke.
"Amazing isn't he? This young man plays every one month. Just for a show not for money. But we all do very enjoy his playing. Ahh.. Such talents."

Jace merely gulped and nodded at the old woman who spoke.

He looked amazing. No wonder dad fell for him. Who wouldn't?

But at the thought of that, Jace thought he caught a glimpse of a familiar honey brown hair at the corner of his eyes.
Seems familiar.

Jace couldn't resist the urge and he gently pushed around the crowd to his right where he last saw the person.
When he reached the place, there was no one familiar to be found, but there wasn't any honey brown hair either.

Guess Im wrong.
Jace thought wearily as he returned his gaze to the man playing.
He was going to wait and meet him up later.
For what reasons he wasn't sure. He just hoped that the person wouldn't deny his presence.

***

Luhan panted out loud as he slammed his back to the wall of a narrow street in the town. After a few minutes, he peeped from the wall and found nobody following him.

Damnit.

Yes, yes and yes.
It was such a disaster to have stroll out at the same time as his son.
It's even more of a disaster to be noticed and followed by his son.

He wasn't sure if Jace had saw him or not. He only knew that he had suspected and had walked towards him.

Which, scared the hell out of Luhan.

But speaking of which, he could still hear Sehun's oboe from here. The music, the same song that had separated them.

Luhan's leg slowly gave him away as he kneeled, leaning against the wall to the floor. He placed his face in his hands as he felt silent tears rolling down.

I can't Sehun.
I can't stop my silent tears from rolling down.
I failed.

This song just seemed to have plunge itself deep into Luhan's heart, stabbing it again and again, not even giving it a rest.

He had looked so charming. So.. Breathtaking.
And he's not mine.
And nor am I his.

But how I wanted desperately to be yours.

You have absolute no idea, Oh Sehun.

**
The music ended with loud applauses from everyone. The villagers cheered and whistled when Sehun gave a deep bow, signalling his respect to his audience.

Jace wanted to catch up with him when Sehun gathered his things and proceeded to leave. Unfortunately all the villagers were creeping in. Some giving Sehun money, some giving him flowers and all kind of gifts, which he politely accepted.

Jace pushed and pushed gently but the crowd was too much.

As he finally reached the place where Sehun had been standing.

He was already gone.

***
Luhan wasn't sure how long he had been kneeling there, sobbing like there's no tomorrow.
As he found himself back to reality, he realized that the music had stopped. Ended somehow.

Luhan peeped from the wall and found the crowd lessening seconds by seconds.
Guess the show's over.

Luhan sighed as he hastily wiped his tears on his sleeves. Now he would have to worry what to tell John or anyone else about his red puffy eyes. It wasn't like he could hide it, since he is a king.

Well, a king with lots of sensitive feelings..

Im such a fool. I don't deserve to be king.

Luhan exhaled and patted his heart, as if to soothe it and at the same time, drowned his own voice in his head.
Guess he would have to stay longer to get rid of his puffy eyes. His head hurt and so did his chest.

As Luhan slowly stood up, he turned to walk out of the alley.
But something crashed into him.

Or someone.

And his world fell into a deep pit with no end as darkness embraced him.