Part 12 • end

*sorry for some problems but please read -storyline before coming to this.

• where it all gets better • choice one •

Luhan had buried his dead heart into somewhere in his body. Unwilling to recap, unwilling to let those memories reflow.
He was so sure that he was being pranked. How stupid was he? To believe love actually lasts? To believe Sehun remembers? That he still loves him?

Liars.

Luhan numbed his own muscles and feelings as he buried himself in his work. He was so into his work lately that he had literally no time to look around.

He realised just how much he missed when Jace entered his room with permission, hands in hands with a pretty young lady.

Luhan's jaw dropped as the pen he was holding slipped and fell on the floor.

"Dad, your highness? I know you've been very busy lately but I think you ought to know... that I've been dating her for awhile now."
Jace shyly fumbled with his own fingers as he smiled lovingly at the girl.

Luhan wasn't even that shocked to know that his beloved king to be son had a girl he favours. It was the girl's face that caught Luhan completely off guard.

She... She looks so much like Sehun. Her jawline, her eyes.

"Your highness, my name is Sandra."
She bowed so low and respectfully that Luhan liked her straight away.

But is she?

"Are you...?"
Luhan's words trailed off as he continued to stare with his eyes wide at Sandra.

"Dad, she is his daughter."
Jace seemed to get what Luhan meant to ask and finished his answer for him.

"How... ? Since when?"
Luhan breathed out, trying to calm his anxious heart.

"Since my party, dad. She went. And I met her and I fell in love at first sight. "
The smile on Jace's face as he said it was so happy that a gentle smile crept onto Luhan's face.

"Can you wait outside, San?"
Luhan heard Jace whispered to Sandra and she nodded before bowing and exiting the room gracefully.

As charming as her father.
Luhan thought.

"Yes, Jace?"
He spoke, waiting for what seemed to be expected from him.

"Dad, I know you found him. And I know that you should be with him. Since that I found the one I loved, can I marry her, and free you from your cage of a kingdom? "
Jace's look was so sincere and Luhan almost couldn't believe what he was saying.

"Dad please. I can take over the throne. I want to. And you know I can. I just want.. all of us to be happy."
Jace whispered at the end.

Tears were forming at the edge of Luhan's eyes and he hoped so badly that this is not just a dream.
Without words, he stood up and hugged his son tightly before nodding.
"Yes Jace. You can marry her and take my throne. It's time I step down."

"It's time for you to find your own happiness dad. Those you have sacrificed for the kingdom."
Jace whispered into Luhan's ears as he lightly kissed his dad's cheeks, smiling.

Without any response, Jace knew that Luhan was holding in his tears.
"I love you dad."

"Love you too."
Came a muffled response, very similar to a sob.

And that was the moment when Luhan realised Sehun had everything planned out.
***

Wedding bells rung brightly as the bride walked in with her bridemaids. The handsome groom stood with his father by his side as he nervously exhaled a few breaths of air.

Luhan smiled so hard his face muscles were turning numb.
"Smile."
He whispered to Jace who stood beside him, unconsciously fumbling his fingers behind his back.

Jace nodded as he forced a shaky smile on his face. He was definitely too nervous to smile. His muscles were failing him. Not when his grandparents sat on the front row, looking proud.

Luhan watched as Sandra, his daughter in law, walked gracefully, and kinda nervously down the aisle. His dad, Sehun couldn't come, in fear that Luhan's parents might recognise him.

The couple were smiling so happily as they joined hands. Luhan thought back to his own wedding and he shuddered. Queen Dyana was sitting at the other side and Luhan refused to look at her. He never did the past years anyway.

Princess Zoe walked up as she passed the rings to his brother. They exchanged vows and rings and finally a kiss.
It felt so sincere that Luhan was truly happy for them. He was proud to let his son marry who he loved.

The wedding ended with a step down of throne from Luhan and Dyana. Luhan took down his crown and placed it on Jace, who was kneeling in front of him. Luhan also passed his sword of honour to him as the royal assistant announced the new king and queen.

Luhan felt a wave of relief rushed over him as he felt free from the burden. Nobody came to bother him as he quietly slipped out from the hall. He knew his son's wedding was important, but Jace told him to leave. As soon as possible.

And Luhan ran, down the hills and over to the woods where Sehun stood waiting. A gasp escaped Sehun as Luhan jumped into his embrace. They staggered a few steps until Sehun finally held Luhan equally as tight as they breathed in each other's scent.

They stood there for a few moments before Luhan muttered.
"I missed you."

"Missed you more."
Sehun whispered back as he buried his face in Luhan's fluffy hair.

They stood there for a while before Sehun pulled away and took Luhan's hand.
"Come on, we better get going."

And Luhan followed quietly. He did not ask why. He did not question Sehun's decisions. Because he trusted him too much.

Luhan smiled as he grabbed tight onto Sehun's hand as he watched the younger guide him out of the forest.

Finally, Luhan had knew what was love, what was happiness.

The fact that he was now free.
The fact that his love was holding onto his hand.

Luhan couldn't imagine life without Oh Sehun.

***

THE END. REALLY THE END. NO MORE SEQUELS.

Is it the ending you've been looking for?
If yes, please comment and hit the vote. I really appreciate it.
I may consider a fluff scene when they were husbands or something.

ONLY IF U GUYS WANT IT.

So yeah. Say goodbye to Romeo . ;)

•Romeo•